These CARAMEL APPLE AND PECAN PANCAKES are an easy breakfast packed full of the fall flavors you love!
The kids are back in school, the mornings have been cool and crisp…fall is in the air! I love this time of year. The weather is perfect, not too hot, not too cold, and the weekends are filled with fun activities like apple picking, and lazy Sunday morning pancake breakfasts. Mmmm, pancakes, they are one of my favorite breakfast foods and something I’ve loved since I was a kid. Now that I’m a mom I do my best to make the kids pancakes on Sundays. Usually it’s chocolate chip pancakes but this gorgeous weather put me in a fall mood so this week I made Caramel Apple and Pecan Pancakes and it left me wondering where they have been all of my life!
My pancake recipe is simple, the secret is a little vanilla extract, and to give it a little more of that fall flavor I added a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. If you have a pancake recipe you love, or if you keep life simple and use a pre-made pancake mix you can just add the vanilla and cinnamon and you’ll get the same great flavor.
The apple topping is easy. It’s diced apples, any type will work but I used Granny Smith, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon cooked until the apples get soft and the liquid begins to thicken slightly. The topping goes on your stack of pancakes along with a handful of chopped pecans. I love the nutty crunch that they give these pancakes!
The finishing touch is the syrup. Not just any syrup. I wanted that caramel flavor with my apples so I warmed up caramel syrup and added it to warm maple syrup. Then I poured it over the apple mixture and let it ooze over the pancakes. It was amazing! Seriously guys, it made these pancakes out of this world. My kids and I ate them like they were going out of style. I already know what I’m making for breakfast this weekend!
- 2 Apples Granny Smith, diced
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Maple Caramel Syrup
- ½ c Maple Syrup or your favorite pancake syrup
- ½ c Caramel Syrup
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Slowly add milk, egg, butter, and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Heat griddle to a medium high heat and then pour batter on to griddle using about 1/4 c of pancake mix for each pancake.
- Let pancakes cook for 3-6 minutes on each side. You will see little bubbles forming in the batter, when they begin to pop the pancakes are ready to be flipped.
- Add diced apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a small saucepan and cook over medium high heat for 3-6 minutes or until the apples have softened and the mixture begins to thicken.
Maple Caramel Syrup
- Mix caramel syrup and maple syrup together.
- Heat in microwave for 30 seconds - 1 minute or until warm.
- Assemble pancakes in stacks of 3, top with apple mixture and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Pour warm Maple Caramel sauce over the top and enjoy!
If you liked this apple recipe you’re going to love these!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!