This delicious SWEET AND SMOKY HONEY CHICKEN is an easy to make, one pan dinner you can whip up for the family in 30 minutes flat!
Once a month I like to pop over here to share with you a recipe I’ve been dreaming up. This month it’s all about deliciously sweet and smoky honey chicken.
If you’d like more easy to make and healthy recipes for your family, make sure to sign up to get recipes straight to your email. I send out recipes 2-3 times per week. Most of them are healthy dinner recipes, but I do like to throw in the odd treat once in a while, too. 🙂
I wanted to create a recipe for you today that is easy to make and family friendly. I know with all the rush of back to school that we all need a few recipes in our repertoire that will see us through the fall. This is the kind of chicken dinner recipe I like to make when I’m short on time but craving comfort food.
You’re going to quickly sear the chicken on one side only. I love crispy chicken skin, but you can always make yours skinless to cut down on the fat.
Next, you’re going to flip the chicken over and pour in the honey sauce. Bring the pan to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, make a pot of rice and a simple salad.
The honey sauce the chicken is cooked in is DELICIOUS poured over some rice. Sometimes when I make this I reduce the sauce a little to thicken it by boiling it hard for a minute or two after I take out the chicken. It’s great either way.
- 2 teaspoons oil plus extra for the pan
- Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove very finely minced
- 8 bone in chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon each: balsamic vinegar and soy sauce
- Reduced balsamic and parsley to serve
- In a small bowl mix the oil, smoked paprika, sea salt, and garlic. Rub this mix under the chicken skin and on the back of the chicken OR rub all over the chicken if you're using skinless.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add enough oil to thinly coat the bottom. Sear the chicken, skin side down, until it is well browned on the skin side, about 5 minutes. Don't crowd the pan and work in batches if you need to. Drain off any fat that has accumulated in the pan and turn the chicken thighs skin side up.
- In a small bowl mix the honey, balsamic vinegar, and the soy sauce and pour this into the pan with the chicken. Bring the pan to boil over medium heat then reduce the heat to keep it at a simmer. Be careful as the honey will boil over easily. Let the chicken cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Either serve as is with the sauce over top or remove the chicken from the pan and boil the sauce hard for a few minutes to thicken it. Drizzle with a little reduced balsamic and a sprinkle of parsley.