This Honey Butter Chicken is EPIC!!! Crazy quick and easy to make, I like making this with bite-size pieces to maximize the surface area that is caramelized in the stunning sauce!
I am completely and utterly addicted to this chicken. Actually, I’m addicted to this insanely delicious honey butter sauce. I make this with salmon, pork, other cuts of chicken like chicken breast. But hands down, my favorite is using bite sizes pieces of chicken thighs. It’s juicier than breast, you get a much better caramelization and by cutting the chicken into bite size pieces, you get maximum surface area caramelization.
HONEY BUTTER CHICKEN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
The sauce is crazy simple to make. Just butter, honey, garlic and vinegar – you really need the vinegar to cut through the sweetness of the sauce.
This recipe doesn’t make much sauce, because you don’t need it. The idea behind this recipe is that the chicken is cooked in the sauce so it caramelizes on the chicken, so you just need a little drizzle of residual sauce in the skillet over the chicken when you serve it.
I really can’t think of a better way to serve this than over mashed potato. It is the perfect pairing – juicy sticky, savory chicken piled over clouds of soft mashed potato.
Heaven on a plate, right there.
You’re just 10 minutes away from this. Start to finish. All you need to do is chop the chicken, then while the chicken is browning in the skillet, measure out the rest of the ingredients then add them in.
And in all honesty, if the chicken is in the skillet for more than 7 minutes, you’ve overcooked the chicken. So you see, it MUST be quick to make in order to ensure the chicken is gorgeously juicy!!
Hope you enjoy!
Want more chicken recipes?
- Cheesy Chicken Meatballs
- Chicken Piccata
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken
- Southern Oven Fried Chicken
- Slow Cooker Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Honey Butter Chicken recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter separated
- 1 lb chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1.5 tbsp cider vinegar
- Finely chopped parsley
- Heat oil and 1 tbsp butter in a large non stick skillet over high heat.
- When the butter is melted, add the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then cook until it changes from pink to white.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and turn the chicken to coat in the sauce until it is golden and caramelised.
- Once the chicken is browned all over, remove from heat. Pile chicken onto mashed potato, and drizzle with a bit of the sauce in the pan. Garnish with parsley if desired!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!