We have friends that actually made the move to Oregon at the same time from Arizona. My husband met Steve at work and then we met his wife T.J. shortly after. They are both amazing people. They let Casey stay with them for a month until we moved up because he had to start work before the house was ready for us. Then when we got up we still had a few days before we could move into our house so they let me and Casey, our two boys and our dog stay with them. Then to top it off they helped us move in and clean. I won’t mention the moving truck getting stuck in the driveway Steve, Don’t worry. 🙂
Anyway, we went over to their house for dinner the other night and they made some amazing food! T.J. gave me her recipes so I’ll be sharing the yumminess with you all too, starting with these pumpkin cookies. I was craving pumpkin cookies so I was crazy excited to see the HUGE tray of them when we got there. These cookies are so soft and fluffy inside and the spices just warm you up. They come together so fast and easy and that’s a good thing because you’ll eat them as fast as you can make them!
Real Housemoms TV
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 T Maple syrup
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- in a medium blow whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- in a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- add in pumpkin and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl
- slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined
- lightly grease a baking pan
- drop by the tablespoonful onto pan 1 inch apart
- bake for 12-15 min.
- allow to cool on a rack
- whisk together all ingredients in a bowl until smooth
- once cookies are cool dip tops in icing and allow to set on a rack
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!