Healthy Crock Pot Taco Spaghetti Squash is a wholesome and easy main dish perfect for a busy Meatless Monday weeknight dinner! Toss all of the ingredients in your Slow Cooker and come home to a delicious meal you can feel good about. It is made with meatless crumbles for a vegan dish, but you wouldn’t guess it with it’s great taco flavor!
It is hard to believe the end of summer is quickly approaching. I love summer and everything it entails. From softball league to going to the lake or just basking in the warm sun, there just isn’t anything quite like it. With the end of summer means a crazy busy fall for myself. I am back to work full-time for the school year in addition to my photography business that booms with everyone wanting family photos for Christmas cards. Christmas?! Ya, let’s not even talk about that yet!
Real Housemoms TV
With life being so busy, my Crock Pot is a life saver this time of the year. So are my best crock pot recipes. After working a full day, going to the gym and maybe even doing a photo shoot in the evening, the last thing I want to be doing is slaving over a meal. I love the convenience of tossing a few ingredients in the Crock Pot and coming home to an easy and delicious dinner like this Healthy Crock Pot Taco Spaghetti Squash. It really doesn’t get any better than that!
I know you might be looking at my sideways right about now, as you read the ingredient list. Meatless Crumbles you ask?! I used to think the same thing. As an avid meat eater, I would turn up my nose at them. Why in the world would I give up good old fashion ground hamburger for vegan meatless soy crumbles? After trying them in a hotdish recipe I was served, I literally couldn’t even tell there was no meat in the dish. I was reformed. After looking at the nutrition information, I was excited!
Whether you are looking for an easy vegetarian dish for Meatless Monday or just want to make a healthy dinner, these meatless crumbles are a must-try. For those of you not willing to take that leap yet, browned hamburger or ground turkey would work just as well in the dish. A dollop of plain Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cheese would really put it over the top for those of you not wanting a vegan meal.
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 bag frozen Boca meatless crumbles *Browned hamburger or ground turkey makes a good substitution
- 1 24 oz. jar thick salsa
- 1 11 oz. can corn
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Spray your Crock Pot with non-stick spray. Dump all of the ingredients, except the squash, into the Crock Pot and give it a quick stir.
- Wash and cut your squash in half and scrape out the seeds. Place the two halves, cut side down on top of the taco mixture. (If you have a small Crock Pot, you can just cut the bottom off of the squash instead of cutting it in half.)
- Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Using a fork, remove the spaghetti squash strands from the squash onto your serving platter. Top the squash with the taco mixture and serve immediately.
- *Optional toppings include shredded cheese, non-fat plain Greek yogurt and avocado.
More delicious Crock Pot meals!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!