Halloween is just around the corner! Trick your little ones into eating spinach with this Monster Mash Green Smoothie, mwahahaha!!!
What kid wouldn’t want to drink a smoothie with a face like that?
This smoothie blends spinach, milk, pineapple and a banana making it a great breakfast, after-school snack or dessert! It’s very versatile too! Try adding yogurt or peanut butter for a punch of protein or a dash of cinnamon for a fall flare!
Who says healthy food can’t be fun?!?
- 1 cup milk of choice cow's, soy, almond
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 2 slices of banana, 2 mini-chocolate chips and 3 candy corn for monster face
- Place milk, frozen pineapple, banana and baby spinach in a high-speed blender and blend until well combined and frothy.
- Arrange face on top of smoothie using banana slices, chocolate chips and candy corn.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: A high-speed blender such as a vitamix works best. However, if you have a regular blender, blend the spinach and milk first before you add the frozen pineapple and banana. This will help the spinach break down and prevent having a chunky smoothie!
Check out these other healthy halloween treats from Begin Within Nutrition!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!