Pumpkin Pie Latte is a warm, comforting cup of fresh pumpkin, milk, and spices. It tastes like fall and is kid-friendly too!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are popular drinks this time of year, but they can empty your wallet if you have a habit of stopping by Starbucks each day to pick one up while they are in season. Save your hard earned dollars and make this fall drink at home! It’s super easy.
I’m not a coffee drinker. I’ve tried, but I just don’t enjoy it. Everyone tells me it is an acquired taste, but I really don’t see the point in trying to acquire a taste for something that doesn’t appeal to me. Most of the time I really don’t even like the smell of it, so I just avoid it all together. Which is why my Pumpkin Pie Latte is kid-friendly with no caffeine.
To make this at home, combine 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree with 1 quart whole milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until warmed through and through and give it a taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking by adding more cinnamon or even more pumpkin puree for a richer flavor if you prefer. Pour into serving cups and top it off with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. I like to pop in a cinnamon stick too. It’s a nice touch and makes a tasty stir stick.
I use fresh pumpkin puree (click here for my recipe), but canned pumpkin will work too. I’ve just never been a fan of canned pumpkin. The fresh puree has that real pumpkin flavor that makes this warm cup of comfort extra special.
If you’re a coffee drinker, it’s easy to modify this recipe to make the super-charged version for your morning pick-me-up. Make it as the recipe states reducing the milk to 3 cups and adding 1 cup of very strong coffee. As always, give it a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for ganish
- Combine 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 quart whole milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine and heat until warmed through and through. Do not boil.
- When heated to your liking, remove from heat and pour into serving cups. Top with whipped cream, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and add a cinnamon stick if you like. Enjoy!
Enjoy this Pumpkin Pie Latte with my Crunchy Granola Muffins for a tasty morning
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!