Pumpkin Pie Latte is a warm, comforting cup of fresh pumpkin, milk, and spices. It tastes like fall and is kid-friendly too!
Pumpkin Spice Lattes are popular drinks this time of year, but they can empty your wallet if you have a habit of stopping by Starbucks each day to pick one up while they are in season. Save your hard-earned dollars and make this fall drink at home! It’s super easy.
I’m not a coffee drinker. I’ve tried, but I just don’t enjoy it. Everyone tells me it is an acquired taste, but I really don’t see the point in trying to acquire a taste for something that doesn’t appeal to me. Most of the time I really don’t even like the smell of it, so I just avoid it altogether. This is why my Pumpkin Pie Latte is kid-friendly with no caffeine.
To make this at home, combine 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree with 1-quart whole milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until warmed through and through and give it a taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking by adding more cinnamon or even more pumpkin puree for a richer flavor if you prefer. Pour into serving cups and top it off with a dollop of whipped cream, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. I like to pop in a cinnamon stick too. It’s a nice touch and makes a tasty stir stick.
I use fresh pumpkin puree (click here for my recipe), but canned pumpkin will work too. I’ve just never been a fan of canned pumpkin. The fresh puree has that real pumpkin flavor that makes this warm cup of comfort extra special.
If you’re a coffee drinker, it’s easy to modify this recipe to make the super-charged version for your morning pick-me-up. Make it as the recipe states reducing the milk to 3 cups and adding 1 cup of very strong coffee. As always, give it a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin puree
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for ganish
- Combine 1 cup pumpkin puree, 1 quart whole milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine and heat until warmed through and through. Do not boil.
- When heated to your liking, remove from heat and pour into serving cups. Top with whipped cream, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and add a cinnamon stick if you like. Enjoy!
Enjoy this Pumpkin Pie Latte with my Crunchy Granola Muffins for a tasty morning