This Slow Cooker Beef Stew my one of my go-to easy weeknight meals!
Most nights we run around like maniacs. There is always something going on – whether it’s sports practices, music lessons or Cub Scouts. Some nights, it can even be a combination of all three!
These are the nights that I just don’t have time to fuss with dinner and I turn to my slow cooker to make the best crock pot recipes.
Real Housemoms TV
I have a love affair with my slow cooker – his name is Phillipe. Yes, I’ve named him. Yes, I know that’s weird. But on busy days, I take comfort in the fact that Phillipe is home cooking me a delectable dinner.
My slow cooker is just one trick that I employ to get dinner on the table every night. To make this recipe even easier, I keep all of the ingredients together in the fridge. I’ll have my container of chopped veggies, my bag of trimmed meat, my container of pre-measured broth and my seasonings all labeled, stacked together and ready to go.
This way, when I’m ready to make my stew, I can easily grab everything I need from the fridge. I don’t have to search for ingredients or pull out bottles, jars and seasonings. I just need to place all of my ingredients into the slow cooker, set it and go.
There’s no chopping. No measuring. No fussing. And, most importantly, no stress.
What is your favorite slow cooker meal? Leave a comment and let me know!
- 2 pounds of chuck roast cut into one inch chunks
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 Russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Season beef liberally with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery and onion to slow cooker.
- Stir corn starch into beef broth until combined; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, add frozen peas and frozen corn; cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!