Throw a few simple ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning, and arrive home to a comforting meal of Slow Cooker Poblano Chicken!
If you’ve been reading my posts for a while, you will notice I make a lot of Mexican inspired meals. I LOVE dining out for Mexican food, but it can be costly after the three of us order meals and drinks. The last time we ate at my favorite Mexican restaurant the bill total was $45.00! Now that the holiday season is over, I’m making an effort to make more meals at home.
This dish has the flavors of the popular creamy green chile enchiladas, but with more of a kick from the fresh poblano peppers. This chicken and sauce is served over rice instead of making into time-consuming enchiladas. I seriously think this is one of the best sauces I’ve made in my slow cooker. I’m drooling as I write this post, wishing I had more of this meal to eat right now.
This recipe starts with stirring together cream of chicken soup, a little water, poblanos, garlic, green onion and black pepper. Then I add 2 large chicken breasts. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Shred up the chicken, stir in the sour cream. Serve over steamed rice. Couldn’t be any easier. If you love this recipe, be sure to try my other best crock pot recipes!
- 1.5-2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 10.75-oz cans cream of chicken
- 3 Tbsp. water yes that's all
- 1/2 cup diced Poblano peppers I used 1.5 Poblanos that I removed the seeds from
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup sour cream stir in a the END of cooking time
- Steamed rice
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sliced green onions
- In a 6-quart slow cooker stir together the cream of chicken soup, the 3 tablespoons of water, diced Poblano peppers, green onion, garlic and pepper. Add the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours, without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is up, stir the the 1 cup of sour cream, and lightly shred the chicken.
- Serve over steamed rice, and top with cheese and green onions.
You may also like my Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole