Incredibly moist Baked Chicken Thighs have a delightfully crispy skin and are baked on a medley of fresh rainbow veggies!
Crispy on the outside, tender and moist on the inside, these Baked Chicken Thighs are perfect for a quick and easy dinner. Baked with a medley of fresh chopped veggies and seasoned with a simple mix of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika and salt this one-pan recipe is a dream come true!
BAKED TO PERFECTION
Even though they’re a great healthy option, sometimes baked chicken recipes fall flat. This Baked Chicken Thighs recipe is the perfect mix of flavorful, crispy, and moist. Best of all, you can have this chicken and veggies recipe on the table in only 45 minutes.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
- Scalloped Potatoes – These creamy potatoes make the best side dish for any meal!
- Crock Pot Baked Potatoes – This simple side of perfectly customizable so the whole family can enjoy it!
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice – This delicious rice is loaded with cheddar, garlic, and shredded zucchini!
Chicken: You’ll want about 3 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, which should be about eight pieces.
Veggies: I love to use a rainbow medley of veggies, including carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, red onion, and broccoli.
Seasoning: Drizzle these Baked Chicken Thighs with olive oil and then season them with a mix of garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread the veggies out on a large baking sheet. Then drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before tossing to coat. Set aside.
STEP TWO: in a small bowl, mix together the seasoning by combining one teaspoon each of garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt. Sprinkle the seasoning mix all over the chicken thighs. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet on top of the veggies.
STEP THREE: Roast everything in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. When everything is done cooking, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Give each person two chicken thighs and mix the vegetable medley before adding the veggies to the plate.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Always pat the chicken thighs with a paper towel to absorb extra moisture before seasoning. This will also help the skin crisp up.
- This chicken is incredibly flavorful, and the veggies take on a lot of flavors cooking in the same juices.
- To ensure the veggies cook at the same rate, cut the broccoli into larger pieces and the carrots into smaller ones.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS
Store any leftover chicken thighs in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. When you’re ready to reheat them, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place chicken thighs and any leftover veggies in an oven-safe dish with a thin layer of chicken stock on the bottom. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for the additional 5 minutes or until the thighs reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
REINVENT YOUR LEFTOVERS
These Baked Chicken Thighs are so good that you can use the leftovers to create delicious new meals! I love to cut up leftover chicken and use it in a Chicken Caesar Salad or a Barbecue Chicken Salad the next day. I also love using a cooked chicken to shave the prep time off of my favorite chicken pasta recipes! Try this Spinach Parmesan Pasta with Chicken recipe for a super easy and delicious lunch.
OTHER BAKED RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Baked Italian Chicken and Tomatoes
- Easy Baked Tortellini and Meatballs
- Mini Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Baked Stuffed Shells
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 8)
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 red onion cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 broccoli crown cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the vegetables on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat before spreading into an even layer. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt. Sprinkle the seasoning mix all over both sides of the chicken thighs. Place the chicken thighs skin side up on top of the vegetables.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F internal temperature) and the veggies are tender. Remove from oven and serve warm.