Twice Baked Mini Potato Casseroles are twice baked potatoes mixed with all your favorite baked potato toppings served in mini casserole dishes or bowls.
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is so close and I have so many things to do. But isn’t it that way every year? Each year I love serving traditional Thanksgiving dishes but giving them a slight twist. This year instead of the typical mashed potatoes, I decided to make these Twice Baked Mini Potato Casseroles.
Each person has their own individual serving of smashed baked potatoes mixed with sour cream, butter, topped with melted cheese, chives and bacon, if desired. The smaller sizes bake faster making it easier on you, and freeing up precious oven space, and they make a pretty presentation as well.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love our other easy casserole recipes!
- 4 cooked baking potatoes quartered
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup milk you may not need it all
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and ceumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat four mini casserole dishes with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with a potato masher. You can leave the skins on like I do of peel the potatoes.
- Mix 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, sour cream, milk, butter, green onions, salt, and pepper into the mashed potatoes.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly among the four prepared mini casserole dishes. Divide 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon among the four dishes, sprinkling first the cheese then the bacon over the top each mini casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just bubbling, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with more green onion if desired.
If you like these Twice Baked Mini Potato Casseroles, be sure to check out my Sun Dried Tomato Cheesy Potatoes.
Or you may like my Cheesy Bacon Ranch Hash Brown Casserole.