My husband LOVES Chicken Parmesan. Every time I make it for him he tells me I can make it for him everyday and he’d be fine. He’s so funny. When he likes something if no one intervenes he would eat it everyday, over and over until the end of time. 🙂 I on the other hand like variety or I’ll get bored.
I’ve been thinking about what I can make for Valentine’s Day dinner. It has to be one of his favorites and it has to pass the picky eater test. We will be home with the kids so it’s got to be a crowd pleaser.
Real Housemoms TV
I’m doing an 8 week get healthy challenge and so I’ve been looking for meals that are slimmed down. I came across skinnytaste.com through Pinterest and have loved everything I’ve made. Gina has so many family favorites that have been lightened up and the website is so easy to navigate. I started with her recipe and then made it my own and my family loved it.
***Update*** The recipe originally posted with a typo. It calls for 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese not 14 cups! 🙂
- 4 large chicken breasts sliced in half to make 8 thin breasts
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 reduced-fat mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, basil, oregano, pepper, salt, and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl.
- In a small bowl melt the butter.
- Dip chicken breasts in butter and then dredge both sides in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place breaded chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray tops of chicken with more cooking spray. (This helps the chicken get nice and golden brown.)
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then flip the chicken over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven. Top each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of marinara and then 1 1/2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove chicken parmesan from the oven. Serve warm with salad or your favorite pasta.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!