This One Pan Parmesan Chicken with Vegetables is a quick and healthy meal with less clean up!
I don’t know about you, but at the end of the day the last thing I want to do is spend an hour in the kitchen doing the dishes. For this parmesan chicken with vegetables everything goes on a single sheet pan and roasts in the oven to perfection – great flavor, less mess!
I’ve made a 5 minute parmesan stuffing that is actually placed under the skin of the chicken breasts which means that you get big flavor in every bite. The leftover stuffing gets sprinkled over the top of chicken and bakes to a crispy golden brown in the oven. The vegetables roast alongside the chicken. I’m in a fall kind of mood so I used acorn squash, carrots, mushrooms and red onions, but the possibilities are endless.
There’s no better comfort food than roasted chicken and this meal definitely fits the bill. The parmesan stuffing really makes the chicken something special and the vegetables become almost caramelized in the oven. This is one of those set-it-and-forget it type meals – pop the whole thing in the oven and go enjoy your evening while dinner takes care of itself!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- grated zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small acorn squash halved, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 cup carrots peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/2 of a red onion peeled and thickly sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms halved
- Lemon wedges and additional chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the parsley, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on the sheet pan. Carefully loosen the chicken skin with your fingers and place the parmesan stuffing under the skin. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the squash, carrots, red onion and mushrooms around the chicken. Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If desired, sprinkle additional parsley on top and serve with lemon wedges.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!