Baked Bang Bang Shrimp is a spectacular meal if you are craving fish, shrimp recipes, or seafood or if you are doing Fish Fridays for Lent. Pair this recipe with Hush Puppies more a seafood smorgasbord!
I was so excited to find this recipe at Jo Cooks since my family enjoyed it so much. They also smelled absolutely amazing while they were baking. I first made a batch of forty shrimp and my kids and I devoured each and every one. Thank goodness I still had batter left over and some more shrimp in the freezer because my husband was not home from work yet and I always have dinner ready for him when he gets home. I quickly made another round and he also thought they were incredibly tasty! Baked Bang Bang Shrimp was a huge hit with my family and we will be eating these crunchy delicious bites again! The dipping sauce was also phenomenal and the perfect compliment to the shrimp. The combination of all the flavors was awesome! Baked Bang Bang Shrimp would also work well as an appetizer!
Sauce1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Frank's RedHot hot sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper Add hot sauce, egg, and buttermilk to the flour mixture and whisk until you have a smooth batter
- Add the shrimp to the bowl, toss to make sure each piece is coated in the batter and set aside.
- In another bowl add about a cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce together and refrigerate until ready for serving
- Coat each shrimp with breadcrumbs, add more breadcrumbs to the bowl as needed, and place on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes, then flip shrimp over and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden
- Drizzle shrimp with sauce or dip the shrimp in the sauce