This Spicy Garlic Shrimp has bold flavors and only takes 5 minutes to cook! This recipe is perfect as an appetizer or main course.
You will always find a bag of shrimp in my freezer – they’re delicious, healthy and only take minutes to cook. This spicy garlic shrimp is a favorite at my house. I often serve this dish as a main course with pasta or rice, but it also makes an amazing appetizer. Best of all, it’s ready in just minutes so it’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
SPICY GARLIC SHRIMP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
These spicy garlic shrimp are simply cooked in a pan with olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, parsley and red pepper flakes. You can easily adjust the heat level by using more or less of the red pepper flakes. I often reserve some of the shrimp without pepper flakes for the kids and then spice up the adult portions.
The trick to getting a nice sear on the shrimp is to make sure they’re completely dry and to cook them in the olive oil over high heat. I prefer to use the largest shrimp I can find for this recipe, although I’ve made it before with smaller shrimp and it’s still just as delicious.
I like to garnish my spicy garlic shrimp with lemon wedges and parsley – you can never have too much lemon when it comes to seafood! Add a loaf of bread and a salad for a quick dinner, or serve a platter piled high with these shrimp and a dip like cocktail sauce or salsa for a quick yet impressive looking appetizer.
Whether you’re feeding a crowd at a party or just looking for a simple yet satisfying dinner, these spicy garlic shrimp are the perfect choice for tons of flavor without tons of work!
Want more shrimp recipes?
- Cheesy Crock Pot Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
- Creamy Greek Shrimp Pasta
- Baked Bang Bang Shrimp
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Tacos
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Spicy Garlic Shrimp recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Cast Iron Skillet: This cast iron skillet is one of my most treasured pieces of cookware. I’ve had mine for years and make everything from breakfast to dinner and dessert in it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (depends on your heat preference)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley or cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and lemon zest; cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add in the lemon juice and parsley then serve.
More great shrimp recipes: