It’s hard to pass up the Easter candy isle at the grocery store, especially when you go with a five year old. Once we were down that isle and we both saw the Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cups we had no choice but to buy them and bake with them! It had to be done, and we had to do it. This is how our Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Egg Brown Sugar Bars were born.
I knew I wanted them in a cookie bar and I was looking through old posts recently with the new site design and decided that I had to make the Brown Sugar Cookie Bars again. They really taste like you’ve baked up caramel into a bar and they come together so fast and easy. These Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Egg Brown Sugar Bars are the perfect dessert to bake up with the little helpers too. They’re easy to mix and can be made in a bowl with a spoon, no mixer required. We had so much fun and both my little guys got in the kitchen to help (and steal a peanut butter egg or two).
Real Housemoms TV
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- line an 8x8 baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray
- in a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and cinnamon
- melt butter over med heat
- remove from heat and add brown sugar
- add a small amount of the brown sugar mixture to the egg and whisk to bring it up in temperature
- add egg mixture back into the rest of the brown sugar mixture
- stir in the vanilla extract
- combine the flour and brown sugar mixtures
- stir in the peanut butter eggs and pour into the baking pan
- spread into an even layer.
- bake for 20 minutes
- remove from oven and allow to cool in pan
- lift foil and cut into 9 pieces