These Brown Sugar Cookie Bars are a great, quick dessert for the family with brown sugar and cinnamon for a warm flavor that works perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
BROWN SUGAR COOKIE BARS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Stacey and her husband had great seats to the basketball game last night so I got to spend some time with her kids. We are very lucky to have kids the same ages so we can trade off babysitting when we need to. When they come over I like to have something for them for dinner and dessert. We got a new dog earlier in the day (a super cute Boston Terrier) so the pizza bar I planned to do was out the window because I ran out of time and was just plain tired.
That’s when I started looking online for a quick and easy dessert that the kids would love and I already had all the ingredients. I found these Brown Sugar Cookie Bars over at Mom’s Test Kitchen and was so excited to give them a try. The recipe was super simple and sounded delicious. I’ve been craving brown sugar lately but not just that, cinnamon also! With that in mind, I tweaked the recipe a little and added cinnamon. I really only added a little bit, not enough to notice but just enough to add a little something that people wouldn’t be able to figure out.
They were delicious and perfect warm out of the oven with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Next time I might make them with two large pieces of foil hanging over so I could pull them out of the pan warm easier. They went over great with the kids and I will be making them again soon.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- grease and 8x8 baking pan
- melt butter in a small saucepan
- remove from heat and add brown sugar
- beat egg in small bowl and add a bit of warm sugar to bowl and stir
- add egg mixture to the pan and stir
- sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together
- add to brown sugar mixture
- stir in vanilla extract
- pour into baking pan
- bake for 20
- allow to cool, then cut into bars
- **if you line the baking pan with foil you should still allow them to cool a few minutes to allow the cookie to set then remove and cut into gooey bars.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!