Quesadillas are a staple for mom’s in the southwest. It’s made as often or more often as grilled cheese for out little ones. There are so many chances to mix them up and make them something new. They are one of my favorite ways
to use up left overs also. In this case I used all fresh ingredients but this could be a quick lunch or even a fantastic fast appetizer for your next cocktail party. Makingappetizers that can be made ahead of time or come together FAST is the key to you enjoying your party as well.
This quesadilla is delicious with the fresh basil and tomatoes. You can really use as much or as little as you want with this one. This is just how I made mine. I used the Best Pizza Sauce EVER to dip in and it was great! What’s your favorite type of quesadilla?
- 1 t butter
- 2 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 3/4 c chopped tomato
- 1/2 c. to 1 c mozzarella shredded
- 1 T fresh basil julienne
- melt butter in large skillet over med. heat
- place one tortilla in pan
- spread half of cheese on tortilla
- spread tomato and basil evenly over cheese
- spread remaining cheese on top of tomato and basil
- lay second tortilla on top
- press down, trying to flatten
- once bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted flip
- cook until bottom is golden brown
- remove from heat and allow to cool 1-2 minutes
- cut like a pizza
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!