Skinny Veggie Dip is full of delicious summer vegetables and so refreshing as a poolside snack that’s perfect for all your summer parties!
Skinny Veggie Dip is a light-tasting and creamy dip full of pops of fresh vegetables that make it a cooling and filling snack! Set out all of your favorite crackers and dip scoopers for this mix of cream cheese, seasonings, and veggies like corn, olives, and peppers, and you’ll be ready for one delicious summer afternoon!
Everyone loves a good dip and we know that to have a real winner of a dip we have to serve it on the right occasion. Skinny Veggie Dip is perfect for when friends and family drop by for an afternoon of backyard games and poolside fun because it’s filling but not heavy, so we can keep playing without feeling weighed down by too much food- because we do eat a lot of it! The cold, seasoned cream cheese, crisp bell peppers, and sweet corn kernels are ideal for our summer shenanigans!
Other Recipes to Serve with Skinny Veggie Dip
- Watermelon Stars with Fruit Dip is a sweet way to cool down and enjoy the best fruit summer offers!
- Mix up all your favorite fruits for a Fruit Salsa flavor explosion that is a poolside must-have!
Cream Cheese: You will need reduced fat or Neufchatel cream cheese for this dip.
Veggies: Pick up a green bell pepper and red bell pepper, a couple of ears of corn, and jalapenos. Make sure to cook and cool the corn ahead of time. You can also choose between fresh parsley or cilantro to garnish the dish.
Olives: A small can of sliced black olives are needed for this recipe.
Seasoning: To season the dip, you will need salt, pepper, onion powder, cumin, and garlic powder.
How to Make Skinny Veggie Dip
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
STEP TWO: Fold the chopped veggies, sliced olives, and corn kernels into the cream cheese mixture.
STEP THREE: Garnish the dip with either parsley or cilantro. You can serve this dip immediately. If you can give the dip time to chill in the fridge, it’ll really help to let the flavors come together, and the dip will be even more delicious.
Tips for Success
- Set the cream cheese out ahead of time to soften it so that it’s easier to work with. Softened cream cheese will allow you to stir the seasonings better and prevent any lumps of cream cheese.
- Don’t worry about the jalapeno bringing too much spice to the dip! Once the jalapeno has been de-seeded, it is much milder- the seeds are where the heat is- so you only get the wonderful jalapeno flavors with a hint of spice.
- You can substitute canned or frozen corn for corn on the cob. Let it thaw if you’re using frozen corn before adding it to the dip.
What kinds of crackers go well with this dip?
Skinny Veggie Dip has a nice bit of weight since it’s so packed with refreshing veggies, so you’ll want crackers that can hold up well. Triscuts, tortilla chips, ridged potato chips, baked pita chips, or toasted baguette slices are all delicious ways to scoop the dip. Carrot sticks, celery sticks, and small toasted breadsticks would also be yummy! With so many options, you can’t go wrong, so choose your favorite scoops and enjoy!
Can I make this ahead of time?
This veggie dip is a great make-ahead dish, especially since letting it chill in the fridge allows the flavors to develop. You can make this dish up two days before and then keep it well-covered or in an airtight container. The dip will store well in the refrigerator for five days in total so if you have some leftovers, you can keep it enjoying it a little longer!
Enjoy more delicious poolside dips!
*This post was originally posted on 06/14/2013.
- 16 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups corn kernels (see note)
- 3.8 ounces canned sliced olives drained
- Fresh parsley or cilantro chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin until evenly combined.
- Mix the bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, and olives into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or cilantro. Serve immediately, or for the best flavor, chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Serve with your favorite crackers.
- Boil 2 ears of corn, drain and cool them. Then cut off the kernels.
- Drain a 15-ounce can of corn kernels.
- Steam a frozen 16-ounce bag of corn and cool it.