This easy Greek Layered Dip is the perfect 10-minute party appetizer that’s a total crowd pleaser. Serve this dip with pita chips or fresh veggie and watch it disappear!
GREEK LAYERED DIP!
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I am a huge fan of the classic Mexican layered dip, my mom makes it for every family gathering. I’m also in love with anything related to Greek food, so I used the same dip concept for this recipe and created a 7 layer Greek dip that’s full of hummus, veggies, olives and cheese. How can you go wrong with hummus that’s been loaded with toppings?!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
This Greek layered dip starts with hummus. You can make your own if you like, but I always use a high-quality store-bought version which saves a ton of time. I typically buy the classic flavored hummus without any of the fancy mix-ins since it’s being used as a base layer. A sprinkling of feta cheese goes on top of the hummus, as well as diced cucumber, tomato and kalamata olives. I toss the veggies in a light lemon and olive oil dressing for an added flavor boost. The finishing touches on this dip are a bit of fresh parsley and a handful of toasted pine nuts – I just love the texture of the crunchy nuts!
I like to serve this dip with a big pile of pita chips, but it’s also great with veggies like carrots, celery, and cucumber. You can make the tomato and cucumber salad mixture earlier in the day, and just pile it on top right before serving if you’re looking to prep ahead for a party or family event.
If you’ve got hummus lovers in your life, you’ve got to try this layered dip. It’s a unique and unexpected appetizer, yet people always seem to want to come back for more!
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Spread the hummus in an even layer in a serving dish that can hold at least 3 cups.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the hummus.
- In a medium bowl place the cucumber, tomato, olives, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the cucumber mixture over the feta cheese layer.
- Sprinkle the parsley and pine nuts over the top. Serve immediately with pita chips.
Other recipes you might like:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!