Watermelon Stars with Fruit Dip is a sweet way to celebrate summer, and this yummy dip will have you grabbing all the fruit you can find!
Watermelon Stars with Fruit Dip is an effortless way to make summer desserts or snacks more fun, and when you cut a watermelon into fun shapes, too, well, that’s just a party! Mix cream cheese, marshmallow cream, and a little vanilla in just minutes for a sweet dipping treat perfect for every get-together!
Fruit is always perfect as it is, especially ripe summer fruit that has an irresistible freshness, and adding a Fruit Dip is just plain fun! Creamy, sweet, and a little tangy, fruit dip is something we love making as an afternoon snack or a treat for a Fourth of July BBQ celebration. Also, what’s more fun than using cookie cutters to make adorable shapes in sweet, juicy watermelon for an even bigger party vibe?!? Watermelon Stars and Fruit dip are a joy for the kids and the adults!
Ready for more fireworks-worthy dishes for your BBQ? After everyone’s done snacking, thrill them with Grilled Ribeye Steaks and finish the night strong with a Blueberry Pie with a Star Spangled Crust!
Other Recipes to Serve with Watermelon Stars and Fruit Dip
- When the theme of the gathering is fun, plus red, white, and blue, you know you have to make Red Velvet Cake Pops!
- The signature summer drink, delicious homemade Cherry Limeade is a must-have at every get-together!
Cream Cheese: You will need room-temperature whipped cream cheese for this dip.
Marshmallow Creme: Pick up your favorite marshmallow creme, such as Jet-Puffed or a store brand.
Vanilla Extract: A small amount of vanilla extract is needed for this recipe.
Fruit: Don’t forget to grab your favorite fruit to serve with this fantastic dip, such as watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, and more! Also, garnish your dip with a beautiful sprig of fresh mint if you’d like.
How to Make Watermelon Stars with Fruit Dip
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla extract.
STEP TWO: Beat the ingredients until well-mixed and smooth. Scoop the dip into a serving bowl.
STEP THREE: Place the dip bowl on a serving platter surrounded by fruit stars, berries, and fruit kabobs, and garnish the dip with fresh mint.
Tips for Success
- So, how do you make watermelon stars? The easiest way to do this is by cutting a seedless watermelon into slices and then using a cookie cutter to cut out different shapes. Different-sized star cookie cutters are great, but you can use whatever shapes you have! If the watermelon slice is thicker than your cookie cutter, press the cutter in, take it out, and trace the shape with a small knife to entirely cut it out.
- Don’t forget the berries! Sprinkle in blueberries, hulled strawberries, and raspberries for a beautiful red, white, and blue presentation.
- Skewer the fruit for fun fruit kabobs that everyone can dip! Alternate the size of watermelon stars or adds pops of color with blueberries!
How long will Fruit Dip last?
When the dip is first made, it should be kept covered and chilled until you are ready to serve. If you end up with leftovers by some miracle, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for around five to seven days. Because this dip contains cream cheese, it’s not a great idea to freeze it. While cream cheese can be frozen, it can become grainy once thawed, which would change the texture of the dip.
What fruit is good for dipping?
Sweet, tangy fruit dip is great for any fruit you can think of! Besides serving the dip with watermelon stars and berries, try out pineapple, apple slices, and sliced peaches. Grapes are also a hit with this dip, along with banana slices. Fruit dip is creamy and sweet, complementing whatever fruits you love to serve your family or a crowd.
More Spectacular Sweet-Treat Dips
- Grilled Fruit Kabob with Brown Sugar Dip
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Peanut Butter Dip
- Brownie Batter Dip
- Pina Colada Dessert Dip
*This post was originally posted on 08/29/2012.
- Cut the watermelon slices into stars using cookie cutters. I like to use a few different sizes so they look better on the platter. Set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Transfer to a dip bowl for serving.
- Place the fruit dip onto the platter and arrange the watermelon stars and blueberries around the bowl. You can also skewer the watermelon and blueberries onto wooden skewers to make fruit kabobs if you prefer. Chill until ready to serve