Ready for another scrumptious hot dog recipe? Coney Island hot dogs are really tasty! After a little prep work, you throw everything in your crock pot for a couple of hours and you are ready to go. When you team up ground beef, hot dogs, cheese, and onions, you are set for one delicious bite after another. This would be another great hot dog to serve on Labor Day weekend! You can eat some chips and salsa, drink a Peaches & Cream, and relax while the crock pot does the work!
- 1 - tablespoon butter
- 1 - tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 - lbs ground beef
- 1/2 - 1 medium onion minced
- 1 - clove garlic minced
- 2 - 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 - tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 - cups water
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- dash Worcestershire
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- diced onions
- hot dogs and hot dog buns
- Brown the ground meat (Make sure to break up the meat as fine as possible-a potato masher works great)
- Add the minced onion to the hamburger as it cooks
- When the meat is cooked, drain the fat
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the hot dogs and add the mixture to your crock pot
- Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 2 hours
- Serve the Coney sauce on top of cooked hot dogs with shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, and mustard, or condiments of your choice
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!