Sticking with our Labor Day and barbeque (and bacon) theme for the week, we have a super yummy baked potato salad that makes a great side dish. When you mix bacon, cheese, and potatoes with mayonnaise and sour cream, you get something wonderful! Serve this salad on Labor Day weekend for a perfect barbeque side dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour, or until done
- Cook bacon, remove from pan, and place on paper towels
- Crumble bacon
- When cool enough to handle, chop potatoes into bite sized chunks (I removed some of the skin before chopping)
- Place chopped potatoes in the refrigerator until chilled through
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Stir in the potatoes, coating each piece with the mayo mixture
- Garnish with a sprinkling of chives
- Serve cold
Recipe from: fakeginger
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!