Sticking with our Labor Day and barbeque (and bacon) theme for the week, we have a super yummy baked potato salad that makes a great side dish. When you mix bacon, cheese, and potatoes with mayonnaise and sour cream, you get something wonderful! Serve this salad on Labor Day weekend for a perfect barbeque side dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour, or until done
- Cook bacon, remove from pan, and place on paper towels
- Crumble bacon
- When cool enough to handle, chop potatoes into bite sized chunks (I removed some of the skin before chopping)
- Place chopped potatoes in the refrigerator until chilled through
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Stir in the potatoes, coating each piece with the mayo mixture
- Garnish with a sprinkling of chives
- Serve cold
Recipe from: fakeginger
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!