Baked beans are a great side dish, especially for a barbeque. Pineapples, mixed with hot dogs and bacon, really add to the amazing flavor of this savory dish! Cook up some hot dogs and burgers and enjoy these awesome baked beans on the side!
- 10 strips bacon
- 1/2 white onion peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 5 hot dogs cut into small slices
- 56 ounces canned brown sugar baked beans (2 cans)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet (see note) over medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Keep the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onion to the bacon grease and saute until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Dice the bacon and add it back into the skillet with the onion.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, barbeque sauce, crushed pineapple, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, and chili powder to the skillet. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the hot dogs and baked beans and stir to combine.
- Transfer everything to a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Cook for 1 hour until bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.