Easy Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Drop Biscuits boast the best of moist buttery biscuits and soft, sweet cornbread plus a speckling of jalapenos for the perfect addicting sweet heat!
Hi I’m Jen, the recipe developer and photographer at Carlsbad Cravings and I am so excited to be joining the Real Housemoms Team! After my kidney transplant in October 2013, I was bursting with more energy than I had enjoyed in years so I decide to take the plunge and share my recipe creation obsession with the rest of the world and Carlsbad Cravings was born February 2014. It’s been a delicious ride!
I love to create extraordinary layers of flavor and texture out of everyday ingredients – especially sweet and spicy. So today I am excited to bring you not a biscuit, not cornbread but cornbread biscuits swirled with honey and jalapenos! Think sweet honey cornbread mixed with a buttery, moist biscuit boasting the perfect amount of sweet heat. Out of this world. And you thought buttery biscuits were addicting…. Or cornbread.
These cornbread biscuits are the perfect spring/summer pool, barbecue, Memorial Day or any day side AND they are so easy! No kneading, know cutting in butter, just pulse the butter a few times with your food processor, combine with wet ingredients and drop dough by ¼ cup measurements and bake.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk*
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-2 jalapenos chopped, seeds separated
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, sour cream, buttermilk, egg, cornmeal, sugar and jalapenos. Add a few jalapeno seeds for more heat.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour to your food processor and pulse 3-4 times to combine.**
- Scatter the butter over the flour mixture and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbles, about 8-12 pulses then pour into honey/cornmeal mixture. Stir until just combined, don't overmix! (better to undermix than overmix) Chill dough for 20 minutes (may chill up to 2 hours).
- Drop dough by 1/4 cup balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick mat. (Chill dough that is not currently being baked.) Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly golden. Immediately remove biscuits to a cooling rack. Serve with softened butter.
**If you don't have a food processor, instead add to a medium bowl and cut in butter using two forks or a pastry cutter.
You might also like my Southwest Pepper jack Salad with Creamy Avocado Salsa Dressing
You might also like my Hot Lemon Poke Cake
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!