Classic Blackberry Crumble is a delicious way to use those fresh summer berries and you can’t go wrong when it’s topped with vanilla ice cream!
Sometimes you want a warm, fruity dessert, topped with crispy, buttery sugary goodness. Sometimes you want all that without a lot of work. That’s when a classic blackberry crumble comes in handy. I think that there are some desserts that we forget about. It’s not that crumbles aren’t deliciously amazing, they are. I’m not sure why, but it happens. Then I want dessert and I want it fast and I remember. Taking that first bite with the warm berries and they crispy top is so fantastic!
I’ve always loved fruit pies but sometimes they just seem like so much work! Classic Blackberry Crumbles are a great alternative. I love a lot of crumble topping and this crumble recipe delivers. As it cooks the juices from the blackberries bubble up through the crumble topping and it looks beautiful and tastes even better. It tastes amazing warm with a nice big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmmmmmm, I’m drooling just thinking about it. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet you can make it in a 2 qt baking dish no problem. I can’t wait for you guys to make this one!!!
- butter for greasing dish
- 4 cups blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet and grease with melted butter then remove from heat
- in a medium bowl toss blackberries with granulated sugar, cornstarch and water
- pour blackberry mixture into skillet
- in a medium bowl combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour
- using a fork or pastry cutter and cut the butter into the oat mixture until you have small crumbly mixture
- sprinkle evenly over top of the blackberries
- place into the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and the topping is golden