Lemon Parmesan Spinach Risotto is a spring-like version of the creamy Italian Risotto side with fresh baby spinach, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese!
When you stir all these wonderful ingredients together the risotto absorbs the lemon flavor, the fresh torn baby spinach delicately wilts into the creamy risotto, and the parmesan cheese slowly melts into all the creamy goodness.
Need a side dish to go with seafood, make Lemon Parmesan Spinach Risotto. How about a side dish (other than pasta) to go with that Chicken Parmesan? The answer is Lemon Parmesan Spinach Risotto. It goes so well with so many main dishes, I think you should make it all the time.
One of the other things I love about this Lemon Parmesan Spinach Risotto is how easy it comes together. All ingredients go into one pot, and then the flavors slowly develop and the creamy, cheesy, goodness makes it a favorite comfort food of ours.
What will you serve with this Lemon Parmesan Spinach Risotto?
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-1/2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Juice from one large lemon about 3 tablespoons
- 3 cups shredded fresh baby spinach washed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- additional lemon zest for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. When hot, add minced garlic, and stir for one minute. Add in arborio rice and stir for about 1 more minute. Add in one cup chicken broth and stir until the rice absorbs the majority of it. Continue stirring and adding broth one cup at a time, waiting until the liquid is mostly absorbed before adding another cup of broth. This process will take about 20 to 25 minutes. Then add lemon juice and stir until it is mostly absorbed. Then add in fresh spinach and stir. Grate fresh parmesan cheese on top. Add lemon zest for garnish. Serve hot.