It may not be pretty, but what Pam’s Ugly Dip lacks in visual appeal it makes up for in flavor in a big way!
Super simple and delicious Pam’s Ugly Dip takes just 5 minutes to make and is perfect for holiday gatherings and football weekends! Smooth sour cream and cream cheese come together with beef, chilis, and onion to create the best-tasting dip ever!
IT AIN’T PRETTY, BUT IT IS DELICIOUS!
I remember the first time I tried this dip I was a little skeptical- but boy was I blown away! This dip is the easiest to make and the most popular whenever I serve it!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH PAM’S UGLY DIP
- Crack Chicken Sliders – These sliders are the perfect mix of appetizer and entree and great for serving up at get togethers!
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Dip, sliders, and chicken wings are the holy trifecta of appetizers!
Dip Base: Start this delicious dip with cream cheese and sour cream.
Add-Ins: You’ll need one can of Hormel Roast Beef in Gravy. You will also need a small can of diced green chiles and freshly chopped onions.
Spice: Add in some hot sauce or red pepper flakes to up the spiciness of your dip. Red pepper flakes will seep into the dip as it sits, so start with a little bit and then add more if you like after a few minutes.
HOW TO MAKE PAM’S UGLY DIP
STEP ONE: This dip is almost too easy to make! Start by combining the cream cheese and sour cream in a medium-sized bowl. Mix the ingredients until they are smooth.
STEP TWO: Next, add in the roast beef. You may need to stir the dip a bit at this point to break up the pieces of beef and evenly distribute them. Then add in the canned chilis and chopped onions. If you want a spicy dip, finish by mixing in your favorite hot sauce or red pepper flakes to taste. Then stir everything together until evenly combined.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle some sliced green onions on top for garnish and serve this Ugly Dip with your favorite chips or crackers!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- You can empty the can of beef into a separate bowl and separate it with a fork before adding it to the dip. Only downside is it will dirty another dish.
- If you think you might not eat the entire bowl of dip right away, refrigerate half of it immediately after mixing it up. This way nothing goes to waste. You can always easily bring out the second half of the dip if you need more.
HOW LONG CAN YOU LEAVE CREAM CHEESE DIP OUT?
Once this cream cheese-based dip has been set out at room temperature it will only last for 2 hours. After 2 hours you should go ahead and discard any leftover dip. If you make this dip and keep it refrigerated continuously it will last for 3-4 days. If you are ready to serve up this refrigerated cream cheese dip let it sit out for a few minutes to warm up and then stir it before serving.
BEST THINGS TO DIP IN CREAM CHEESE DIP
If you are wondering what your dipping options are for Pam’s Ugly Dip then look no further! My go to dippers are ruffled potato chips and butter crackers. You can pretty much dip anything in this awesome cream cheese dip. Try pretzels, pita or bagel chips, and assorted cracker varieties too!
OTHER PARTY RECIPES
- Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
- Buffalo Chicken Deviled Eggs
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Greek Corn Dip
*This post originally posted on 09/17/2013.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces Hormel roasted beef with gravy (1 can)
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup green onion thinly sliced
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Combine the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add in the Hormel beef and stir it into the dip base to break up the beef a bit. Add the green chiles, green onions, and red pepper flakes. Stir until evenly combined.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle the top of the dip with more sliced green onion and serve with chips or crackers.