It takes less than ten minutes to whip up these CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH BARS that are sure to be your new favorite treat!
Sometimes you just need a sweet treat and FAST. Whether you have a sudden urge to satisfy your sweet tooth or you get asked last minute to bring a treat, these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars are the answer to your problems. Sure you could bring the Best Rice Krispie Treats but if you want to really make an impression, take the most delicious sugar cereal and turn it into bars!
Real Housemoms TV
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my husband’s favorite sugar cereal. It’s definitely not the healthiest choice for breakfast (so we rarely eat it) but I have to agree with him that it is quite good. Even the milk left in the bowl after you’ve eaten all the cereal is a treat in itself! It tastes like an horchata! So yummy!
Well, maybe you haven’t tried Cinnamon Toast Crunch (sinful!) but if you like cinnamon, then I’m sure you’ll love these bars… unless you don’t like gooey, sticky marshmallows and then you’re just crazy.
The key to making good marshmallow treats is to use fresh marshmallows and to cook them over medium heat just until they are melted and not a second more. It’s definitely better to under melt them. I only cook them over the stove until they are almost melted and then I remove the pan from the heat and keep stirring, letting the residual heat of the pan finish melting the marshmallows. Cooking them too long makes your bars super hard which is not what we’re going for in this treat.
Don’t waste a second more! Go get your supplies and in 10 minutes you’ll be enjoying a yummy treat that your friends and family will LOVE!
If you’re in need of a quick dessert that has chocolate and peanut butter, Scotcheroos are my favorite!
- 6 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounce + 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the 10 ounce bag of marshmallows and salt. Cook and stir until just about completely melted/smooth. Remove from heat and add the cereal and remaining marshmallows. Mix until cereal is evenly coated. (If you want the additional marshmallows pretty intact, completely mix the cereal with the melted marshmallows before adding them in.)
- Press into the butter dish and cool completely. Cut and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!