Cinnamon toast Crunch Bars take less than 10 minutes to make! A delicious cereal bar with cinnamon sugar cereal and buttery marshmallow!
I’m a huge fan of cereal and marshmallow treats! One of my favorite bars to make are my S’mores bars with Reese’s Peanut butter cups! I love a quick dessert with delicious cereal and buttery marshmallows!
Sometimes you just need a sweet treat and FAST. Whether you have a sudden urge to satisfy your sweet tooth or you get asked at the last minute to bring a treat, these Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars are the answer to your problems. Sure you could bring Rice Krispie Treats but if you want to really make an impression, take the most delicious sugar cereal and turn it into bars!
Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my husband’s favorite sugar cereal. It’s definitely not the healthiest choice for breakfast (so we rarely eat it) but I have to agree with him that it is quite good. Even the milk left in the bowl after you’ve eaten all the cereal is a treat in itself! It tastes like a horchata! So yummy!
Well, maybe you haven’t tried Cinnamon Toast Crunch (sinful!) but if you like cinnamon, then I’m sure you’ll love these bars… unless you don’t like gooey, sticky marshmallows and then you’re just crazy.
The key to making good marshmallow treats is to use fresh marshmallows and to cook them over medium heat just until they are melted and not a second more. It’s definitely better to under melt them. I only cook them over the stove until they are almost melted and then I remove the pan from the heat and keep stirring, letting the residual heat of the pan finish melting the marshmallows. Cooking them too long makes your bars super hard which is not what we’re going for in this treat.
Don’t waste a second more! Go get your supplies and in 10 minutes you’ll be enjoying a yummy treat that your friends and family will LOVE!
If you’re in need of a quick dessert that has chocolate and peanut butter, Scotcheroos are my favorite!
- 6 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 10 ounce + 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grease a 9x9 inch pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the 10 ounce bag of marshmallows and salt. Cook and stir until just about completely melted/smooth. Remove from heat and add the cereal and remaining marshmallows. Mix until cereal is evenly coated. (If you want the additional marshmallows pretty intact, completely mix the cereal with the melted marshmallows before adding them in.)
- Press into the butter dish and cool completely. Cut and serve.
Judy soper says
Where is the salt you have listed as an ingredient?
Aubrey Cota says
In instruction #2 of the recipe it indicates to add 10 oz bag if marshmallows and salt. It’s easy to glance over but it’s during that part that you would incorporate the salt listed. Hope that helps to clarify!