PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN TENDERS take this tasty dinner or appetizer to the next level! The pecans toast in the oven as the chicken cooks giving them a nutty crunchy texture!
My kids love chicken tenders and so do I! I told you of my love of ranch so you know that I love a chicken tender. In some cases it’s a vehicle for eating more ranch! I wanted it to be more than that though! I wanted it to be the star so I started to brainstorm. A few years back my husband and I took a trip to Austin, Texas and I had the best pecan crusted chicken EVER!!! I knew that if I could make a crust out of chopped pecans these chicken tenders would rule the dinner table!
While I was making them I had the brilliant idea to add in some double crunch action. Not that the pecans wouldn’t be great but who doesn’t like a little extra crunch on their chicken tender? Not this girl! I went with panko bread crumbs because they tend to be a bit more crunchy than regular bread crumbs and because I had some in my pantry.
Double win on the double crunch front!
So I seasoned up some panko, did a double dip of the chicken strips, baked and viola!! Amazing, rule the table, no ranch need (but still wanted) Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders were created!
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups pecans chopped
- 8 eggs beaten
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1" strips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- cover baking sheet in foil and spray with cooking spray
- in a pie plate or shallow dish combine panko bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper
- in another shallow dish pour the chopped pecans
- beat 8 eggs
- one at a time dip the chicken strips into the eggs then cover in the bread crumbs
- then dip the coated chicken strip back into the egg and then into the pecans, making sure to pat the pecans onto the chicken strips in order to ensure they stick
- place on the baking sheet and continue with remaining chicken
- bake in over for 25 minutes then flip and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is completely done cooking and juices run clear
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!