Addictive Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is cheesy, flavorful, with just the right amount of spice and is perfect for dipping all sorts of veggies!
Warm, creamy, and subtly spicy, this Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is so tasty that no one will believe that you made it with cauliflower! Steamed cauliflower with cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, and ranch come together to create this amazing dip in less than 30 minutes!
HEALTHIER PARTY OPTIONS
I love to entertain friends and family but I start to get sick of snacking on salty appetizers and greasy chips. I love this Buffalo Cauliflower Dip because it tastes super indulgent, but I don’t feel guilty going back for seconds or thirds!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER DIP
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Slider – These easy sliders are perfect for hosting friends and pair great with low carb Buffalo Cauliflower Dip.
- Mini Bean Dip Cups – Individual bean dip cups are perfectly popable bites that everyone loves!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – For those that need a meatier snacking option, this dip is seriously the best Buffalo Chicken Dip ever!
Cauliflower: For this recipe, I used one head of cauliflower. If you want to cut down on prep time, you can buy prepared cauliflower florets instead. You’ll need about 4 cups of florets.
Dairy: Since we’re keeping things healthier, swap out for low-fat cream cheese, Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese, and low-fat sour cream. You will also need shredded cheddar cheese to top the dip with before baking.
Seasoning: To season this dip you will need Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce and a packet of ranch dressing mix.
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER DIP
STEP ONE: Start by cutting the head of cauliflower into large chunks and steaming them in a large pot with a steamer basket until tender. Combine the steamed cauliflower, softened cream cheese, cheese wedges, sour cream, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing mix into a food processor.
STEP TWO: Process the dip ingredients until it is smooth. You can leave some chunks for texture. Salt and pepper this easy cauliflower dip to taste.
STEP THREE: Spread the mixture into a 2-quart baking dish and top it with the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake this easy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
STEP FOUR: Serve Buffalo Cauliflower Dip warm with sliced green onion on top for garnish.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- I prefer starting with whole cauliflower instead of riced because I prefer some chunks in my dip! Riced cauliflower can also become mushy easily.
- This dip pairs amazingly with crunchy, fresh veggies but chips, crackers, and fresh bread are an option for dipping as well.
- My family loves carrots, celery sticks, and red bell pepper strips best with these easy cauliflower dip.
IS BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER DIP KETO FRIENDLY?
This is a great dip option if you are trying to follow a low-carb Keto routine! Needless to say, any dip should be consumed in moderation and this is by no means a “no-carb” option. Although this is a lower-carb dip, there are still carbs present in most of the ingredients. On keto, you may even consider using regular sour cream and cream cheese as opposed to the low-fat options.
HOW LONG DOES BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER DIP LAST?
My favorite way to enjoy this dip is warm and fresh out of the oven. It’s a rare occasion in my house where we would have enough dip leftover that I would have to consider saving it. If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container on the fridge. I would recommend finishing off any leftovers within a day or two at most. You can reheat this dip in the oven or dip it chilled.
OTHER DELICIOUS DIPS
- Mexican 7-Layer Cream Cheese Dip
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip
- Warm Chorizo Beer Cheese Dip
- Crock Pot Artichoke Crab Dip
- 1 Minute French Onion Dip
*This post originally posted on 09/18/2013.
- 1 head cauliflower (about 4 cups of florets)
- 2 ounces low fat cream cheese softened
- 8 wedges Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 packet ranch dressing mix
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Bell pepper strips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the stem and leaves from the head of cauliflower. Then cut the head into small pieces. There should be about 4 cups of florets.
- Place a steamer basket into a large pot. put the florets onto the basket and then add enough water to cover the bottom of the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, cream cheese, blue cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, and ranch mix to a food processor. Puree until smooth, but with a few chunks. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Give everything one more whirl.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture in a 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar cheese all over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the top with sliced green onions and serve warm.