Your summer cookout isn’t complete until you serve up this Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip! It’s loaded with flavor and so easy to make!
Summer might just be my favorite time of year. Portland in the winter is pretty, but we spend a lot of time indoors. During the summer we get to travel, go hiking, have friends over to play on the slip and slide, and have summer barbecues & cookouts a couple times a month. The weather’s just too nice to miss out on spending time with everyone! Thankfully the temps are starting to warm up and I have a slew of new recipes, including this Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip, I can’t wait to make for our guests!
ULTIMATE LOADED GARLIC CHICKEN DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Taste of Home. The opinions and text are all mine.
I’m no stranger to fabulous appetizer dip recipes. In fact, they’re just about my favorite thing to make…and eat. No one can resist a bowl of creamy dip studded with little bites of your favorite foods that you get to eat on top of a chip or cracker. This Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip is perfect for all your summer barbecues. It comes together in 20 minutes and you can make it ahead of time to it’s ready to serve when you are.
This dip a marriage of two of my favorite dishes – a loaded baked potato and 40 cloves and a chicken. Lots of bacon, cheese, and chives mixed with chicken & some diced tomato is heaven in a bowl!
To really take the flavors over the top, I used my secret ingredients – Better Than Bouillon® Roasted Garlic Base and Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base. Before I found Better Than Bouillon® I would just grab some garlic powder for my dip. Now I add Better Than Bouillon® Base in with the sour cream and mayo for a depth of flavor I never had before. The Roasted Garlic Base is a million times better than just plain old garlic salt, and the Roasted Chicken Base boosts the deliciousness of the chicken itself. This dip is that total package.
Now that you have the ultimate dip recipe, are you ready to throw the ultimate summer barbecue? Heck yes you are!! Below you’ll find my best tried-and-true summer recipes to make your cookout a hit. Once you’re done with the cooking, serve your plates up on DIY Wooden Picnic Chargers. Then, when everyone’s done eating you can let the kids run around and make giant bubbles while the adults talk and play Tic Tac Toe. Everyone’s sure to have a fabulous time and want to do it again soon!
Ultimate Summer BBQ Menu Plan
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- 1/2 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup green onion thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, plus more for garnish
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Season the chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the grill and shred or finely dice the chicken. Set aside.
- While the chicken is on the grill, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop the bacon once it's cool enough to handle. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayo, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until combined and smooth. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Add tomatoes, green onion, shredded/chopped chicken, cheddar cheese, and almost all of the bacon to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. Garnish the top of the dip with reserved bacon, extra green onion, and extra shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.