Everyone will thank you for serving up Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip! Full of flavor & easy to make, this dip is a hit at any gathering!
Lately, I have been dreaming of entertaining friends and family and of the warm summer months ahead. It has definitely been chilly here lately and sometimes to escape the cold I daydream about summer cookouts and the yummy food I love so much.
This Ultimate Loaded Garlic Chicken Dip recipe is great because whether you are outside grilling or in the kitchen on a rainy day, you can still share this delicious dip with your favorite people. Something about this dip always reminds me that warmer days are just around the corner!
ULTIMATE LOADED GARLIC CHICKEN DIP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Just the other day I could not decide what I wanted to make for dinner. It was one of those days where everything sounded good! I decided to not settle on one idea for dinner and instead to make all my favorite appetizers and have a mini-potluck at home with my husband and kids.
I threw together some crockpot meatballs to start and then ran up to the grocery store for more inspiration. When I came back I had all the fixings for my favorite shredded chicken dip recipe and a huge smile on my face. Sometimes when you have a craving, you just have to run with it!
INGREDIENTS USED FOR THIS GARLIC CHICKEN DIP
I am no stranger to fabulous appetizer dip recipes. In fact, they are just about my favorite thing to make and eat. The key to the perfect shredded chicken dip recipe is to make sure it has the proper punch of flavor because no one wants a bland dip!
Better Than Bouillon Bases: Better Than Bouillon is seriously a secret weapon when it comes to making the most addicting dips. Using bouillon base instead of dry powder seasoning adds a depth of flavor that truly elevates your appetizer game. When it comes to flavor, this dip is the total package.
Chicken: There are plenty of ways to prepare this chicken dip with varying degrees of flavor and ease. You can grill a simply seasoned chicken breast and then shred or finely dice up the finished product.
Another option is to buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to shred if you want to save time and effort. You could even use canned chicken if you really wanted to. The only requirement is that the chicken is fully cooked and shredded or diced, so choose whatever path works best for you.
Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Pro-tip- you will always get the most flavor from your cheese if you freshly grate it off the block. There is just something special about freshly shredded cheese that you do not get from the bag.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ULTIMATE LOADED GARLIC CHICKEN DIP
20 minutes is all you need to whip up this creamy and addicting chicken dip.
- If your plan is to grill the chicken, season the chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper while the grill heats to medium-high. Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it properly cooked through to 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- When the chicken is done, remove it from the grill and shred or finely dice it and set it aside. If you choose to use a rotisserie chicken, you can skip straight to the shredding or dicing step.
- While the chicken is grilling, cook the bacon slices in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Make sure the bacon is nice and crispy and remove it to a paper towel-lined plate to cool off and drain. Once the bacon has cooled down, chop it up and set it aside.
- After the chicken and bacon are prepped, grab a medium mixing bowl and combine the sour cream, mayo, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir the ingredients together until the dip is smooth and well combined. Feel free to add additional salt and pepper to taste if you think the dip needs it. (Sometimes I even add in a splash or two of hot sauce for some zing!)
- Next, add the shredded chicken, cheese, bacon (remember to save some bacon to garnish the dip with at the end), tomatoes, and green onion. Stir to evenly combine your dip ingredients.
- Finally, transfer your completed dip to a serving bowl and garnish the top with reserved bacon, extra green onions, and extra shredded cheese.
- This delicious dip is ready to serve immediately! If you are making it ahead of time, just cover it tightly with plastic wrap and stick it straight into the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
HOW LONG DOES CHICKEN DIP LAST FOR?
Though I rarely have leftovers when I make appetizers and dips, this shredded chicken dip recipe will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure that if you are storing leftover dip that you store it in an airtight container.
Also, make sure not to leave it out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. Because this dip is made with, you guessed it, chicken- it should be discarded if it is left out for too long. The good news is that it most likely will not last long before being gobbled up by your happy snackers.
TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES
- Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot
- Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip
- Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll-Ups
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Pineapple Cheese Ball
- More APPETIZER Recipes…
TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS GARLIC CHICKEN CHEESE DIP RECIPE
Meat Shredding Claws: Though two forks will typically get the job done, these meat shredding claws might just be the kitchen tool you never knew you needed!
Serving Bowl: A nice serving bowl can add a finishing touch to your dips. This bowl will make this chicken dip look as great as it tastes!
*This post originally posted on 06/02/2017.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper divided
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base
- ½ teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and diced
- ¼ cup green onion thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded, plus more for garnish
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Season the chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until internal temp reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the grill and shred or finely dice the chicken. Set aside.
- While the chicken is on the grill, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop the bacon once it's cool enough to handle. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayo, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic Base, Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until combined and smooth. Season to taste with more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Add tomatoes, green onion, shredded/chopped chicken, cheddar cheese, and almost all of the bacon to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl. Garnish the top of the dip with reserved bacon, extra green onion, and extra shredded cheese.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.