CROCK POT CHEESY BACON ONION DIP is a warm, addictive dip that your guests will be begging for at every party! It makes a great appetizer or football snack!
During football season I love to have cream cheese and sour cream on hand to be able to whip up a delicious snack quickly. My slow cooker gets the more use in the Fall during football season than any other time of year. I love watching games and spending time with my husband on Sundays. They’re our “lazy” days. Football Sunday usually means a warm, ooey gooey dip in the Crock Pot, chips or crackers, a cocktail or beer (or beer cocktail) and folding laundry.
We usually don’t spend an entire day watching t.v. so during Football season we will take advantage of the time and catch up on laundry while the game is on. Pretty luxurious, huh?
This Crock Pot Cheesy Bacon Onion Dip was our favorite best crock pot recipes from last weekend. (Yes, there was more than one for just two people.) We both loved the way it tasted but I also loved that it was made with things I always have on hand. I stock up on bacon when it goes on sale and keep it in my chest freezer. I mean, if you’ve read any other recipes here on RH you know that we LOVE our bacon. I also keep the diced tomatoes with chilies in my pantry because I like to make my own salsa and it’s an easy way to jazz up so many dishes. (I really just used the term “jazz up” seriously?! I now officially feel like I’ve reached my mid 30’s and adulthood.) Any who……back to this amazing football snack. If you can’t wait the 1-2 hours for the dip tin the Slow cooker, go ahead and bake it in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. You may even want to reserve 1/2 cup of the cheese to put on top. I’ve even made dip in the oven and then transferred it into the crock pot to keep warm. Enjoy this dip and remember if you make it, snap a quick pic and use the hashtag #RHfood so we can follow!
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies drained
- cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly crispy
- remove and allow to drain on a paper towel
- chop when cooled to the touch
- drain the bacon grease and leave 1 tbsp in the skillet
- add the onion to the pan and season with salt, pepper, and brown sugar, cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 min
- mix the cream cheese and sour cream together in the insert of the slow cooker
- add in the mozzarella cheese, onions, bacon and diced tomatoes
- heat on high 1-2 hours or until warm and cheese has melted.
- serve with chips or crackers (or dig in with a spoon)
Line Cindy, I’m also wondering about the size of the crock pot.
Julie @Real Housemoms says
A 5 or 6 quart crock pot is what you need for the recipe.
What size crock pot do you use for this?
Meghan @ Freezer Friendly Moms says
Your Sundays sound just like ours! This dip sounds so delicious I can’t wait to try it!
glynda Glenn says
WONDERFUL and for my diabetic husband I added the sugar free brown sugar !! Loved it!
I just… I just want to make everything on your website. I was supposed to go to bed an hour ago but i want to eat All The Things. *whimper*
Joan Cummings says
I just tried this and it is delicious. I am going to share it with my friends. Thanks. Keep sending these great recipes.
Great recipe. Very easy to make. I did not change a thing. It will be moved up to one of the families favorite treat dishes.
Wonderful recipe. I did not change a thing. It is defiantly a family favorite. Really easy to make.