You will fall in love with these easy Ranger Cookies bursting with flavor and texture in every bite! They were our family go-to cookie recipe growing up and are my go-to cookie recipe today!
My family was introduced to Ranger Cookies by my cousin’s wife, Katie, and we will forever be in her debt. They became the cookie my mom delighted everyone with at every party, every fundraiser and every goodie plate. And it’s easy to see why because Ranger Cookies are oatmeal cookies – on steroids. After one bite of these Ranger Cookies, you will never go back to traditional oatmeal or chocolate chip cookies again!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Ranger Cookies have been around since at least the 1960s and are the cousin cookie of the Cowboy Cookie with its oats, chocolate chips, and pecans. Ranger Cookies, on the other hand, boast rolled oats, chocolate chips, shredded coconut and crushed corn flakes. There was never a more satisfyingly dynamic textural cookie.
Some Ranger Cookie recipes call for Rice Krispies as opposed to corn flakes but I find corn flakes to be the magic that sets these cookies apart. Some recipes also don’t crush their corn flakes, but by crushing them to about the size of panko breadcrumbs, we achieve a wonderfully chewy texture with just the right amount of crunch and a subtle honeyed sweetness.
Aside from their deliciousness, you will fall in love with these Ranger Cookies because they are so easy with no mixer required! Simply beat your butter, sugars, vanilla and egg together in one bowl and your dry ingredients together in another bowl. Mix them together then stir in your delightful add-ins of rolled oats, corn flakes, coconut and chocolate chips. Drop by the tablespoon onto lined baking sheets and bake – that’s it!
Welcome to your new favorite Ranger Cookies!
Want more family favorite cookie recipes?
- Butterfinger Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Monster Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Glazed Apple Cookies
- Slice & Bake Sugar Cookies
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Ranger Cookies recipe
Stand Mixer: I don’t know what I’d do without my stand mixer. I use it for just about everything…and I mean everything! Cakes, cookies, mashed potatoes, and shredding chicken!
Mixing Bowls: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Baking Sheets: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Silicone Mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cup corn flakes crushed (a little larger than panko crumbs)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, sugars, and vanilla, until fluffy. Add the egg and beat until smooth.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together all of the Dry Ingredients. Add Dry Ingredients to Wet Ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Add oats, corn flakes, coconut and chocolate chips and mix until evenly combined.
- Drop dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 3 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
You might also like:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!