Glazed Apple Cookies are AMAZING!!! They are unbelievably scrumptious, soft, gooey, and chewy! My family devoured quite a few while they were still warm and it was extremely difficult to walk away! They have apples and raisins in them, so they are good for you, right? Of course! I like to take a plate of treats across the street to our friends and they were so glad I took over these cookies. They LOVED them! Glazed Apple Cookies are a perfect fall treat and I will be making them several times this season!
recipe from allrecipes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup apples peeled, cored, and finely diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp half and half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, and egg together until light and fluffy
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg
- Stir half of the dry ingredients into creamed mixture
- Stir in apples and raisins, then stir in remaining half of dry ingredients and milk
- Mix well
- Drop batter (from about a big tablespoon) 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (I did 8-9 minutes because we like them soft and they were perfect)
- Make glaze: combine powdered sugar, butter, vanilla and half and half and beat until smooth
- Remove cookies and put on cooling racks
- Spread glaze on warm cookies
Just made these!! Deliciously wonderful with and without the glaze but the glaze definitely puts them over the top
Betsy Yudio says
Hi, i made this last night and followed the recipe..no alteration.but the cookies came out so flat and soggy..what was wrong?
Betsy Yudio says
Bülent Menevşe says
2½ tbsp half and half:what is this?
Peggy Fenstermacher says
Its a type of cream/milk in a carton. It’s in the dairy case
What is half and half please?
Denise Lapan says
I just made a batch of your glazed apple cookies 🙂 YUM! My husband has a sweet tooth and asks for cookies every so often. I know these are going to be a favorite in my house. Thank you.
Aubrey Cota says
Yay! I’m so glad you guys liked them!
Katie @ Horrific Knits says
Those cookies look great! My name is Katie and I host Fall Into the Holidays, open Saturdays. I would love to have you link up!