These CHEWY MONSTER COOKIES are everything you would want in a cookie – chocolate, oatmeal, peanut butter, and they’re made without flour!
I haven’t ever gotten the hype around monster cookies until I made these Chewy Monster Cookies. I get it now, people. I totally get it. The texture, alone, in these cookies has me wrapped around their finger. The oatmeal makes them super chewy and I love the pop of the crisp shell on the chocolate candies. Then you get a smooth chocolate feel from the chocolate chips and these things end up being a little taste of heaven.
My mother in law was just diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease last year. People with this disease aren’t suppose to have gluten. She has taken it in stride and has done really well with it all! My husband has a really big family, so when we all get together, food is usually a huge focus. My mother in law has to take the backseat on a lot of foods, but I was excited when I realized that these Chewy Monster Cookies don’t have any flour in them and are totally free game for her to eat! We took them to our family reunion at Bear Lake, UT this last weekend and she loved them, right along with everyone else. I felt super proud of being able to let her enjoy something like cookies that she has missed so much!
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup mini multi-colored chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars and eggs, mixing well.
- Add the salt, vanilla, butter, and peanut butter and mix well again.
- Next, add the baking soda and oatmeal and combine well.
- Stir in the chocolate candies and chocolate chips by hand, until fully incorporated.
- Drop by Tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire cookie rack when cooled.
- Store in large resealable plastic bags.
You might also like:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!