Bring the tropics into your own home with this Pineapple Cheese Ball!!! Bursting with pops of pineapple, coated with coconut and almonds, this is a great crowd please party starter!
There’s something about pineapple and coconut. Bring those two together, and I’m always reminded of tropical holidays. Specifically – Hawaii. Memories of sipping pina coladas on the beach, watching the sunset, toes squiggling in the sand… Or leisurely floating up to the pool bar… I LOVE TROPICAL HOLIDAYS!!!! This Pineapple Cheese Ball brings a taste of Hawaii home for an appetizer that’ll be the hit of ALL your parties!
PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I truly believe that bringing tropical flavors into a party always lifts the mood. My theory is food association. People associate tropical flavors with memories of island holidays. Carefree from troubles back at home, no watches, you’ve no place else to be except to party and relax.
I first made this pineapple cream cheese ball just last weekend. It was a bit of an experiment, just a “let’s see how it tastes”, in anticipation of a tropically themed gathering I’m hosting in December. I was blown away by the reaction!! Everyone who tried it LOVED it. I think I was a bit dubious about combining the pineapple with cheese – I’m used to mixing dried fruit with cheese, but not juicy fruit.
Well, how wrong I was!! The pops of fresh pineapple are the absolute HERO in this pineapple cheese ball recipe. Combined with toasted coconut, just WOW!!! It’s HAWAII IN A CHEESE BALL!!!
You can get fancy with the crackers you choose to serve this cream cheese pineapple ball with, but I feel like there’s something nostalgic about the good ole’ Ritz crackers so that’s what I choose to use. Also, I used a combination of coconut and almonds for the coating, but it will work great with other nuts like pecans and walnuts too.
Mele Kalikimaka!! Party season is upon us!!! Be the most popular person at your next gathering with this Pineapple Cheese Ball!
Want more pineapple recipes?
- Pineapple Casserole
- Pineapple Spritzers
- Golden Pineapple Bundt Cake
- Pineapple and Ham Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- Pineapple Upside Down Fluff
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Pineapple Cheese Ball recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Plastic Wrap: Wrap up your dishes for storing or save leftovers. Plastic wrap is a must have for any kitchen.
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup roughly chopped almonds
- Ritz crackers or other crackers of your choosing
- Place the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, sour cream, pineapple, green onion, and cheese in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up and allow flavors to develop.
- When firm enough, roll into a ball using your hands.
- While the cheese ball is in the fridge, place coconut in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir constantly for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, then transfer into a bowl.
- Add almonds to coconut in the bowl, and stir to combine. Roll ball in coating.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with crackers. Serve immediately.