Enjoy a tropical burst of flavor with this semi-homemade GOLDEN PINEAPPLE BUNDT CAKE!
Summer is here and I love all the delicious and wonderful flavors of the season. One that I have really been hooked on is pineapple. I love fresh pineapple, canned pineapple, pineapple juice and pineapple cookies and cakes of any kind. Don’t forget sweet and sour! I love pineapple in sweet and sour anything.
Like most of my recipes, this one starts with a mix. When we’re finished doctoring up this moist and delicious cake, your friends and family will never guess you started with a mix. The addition of canned pineapple not only adds flavor to this cake, but it also adds a dense and moist texture similar to a pound cake.
This cake is so full of pineapple flavor, you’ll be transported to the tropics. I used a little fresh whipped cream to doll it up along with an amazing sweet treat called Candyfetti™. It is so pretty and perfect to add a special touch to this Golden Pineapple Bundt Cake. I used the pineapple flavor candies for this cake. You can find Candyfetti™ at the Sweets Indeed Etsy shop!
I would recommend baking this cake the day before to let it cool completely before glazing. My favorite thing to do with this cake is poke holes in the top of the cake before spooning on the warm glaze. It seeps into the cake making it even more delicious! I think this cake would be amazing with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or you can really vamp up the pineapple flavor with a scoop of pineapple sherbet. Now that would be awesome!
- 15.25 ounce yellow cake mix
- 3.4 ounce small box vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 20 oz. can crush pineapple divded and juice reserved
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup crushed pineapple
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Grease and flour Bunt pan or angel food cake pan. Set aside ¾ cup of crushed pineapple for glaze.
- In a large mix bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil and remaining pineapple. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- in small sauce pan melt butter add the ¾ cup crushed pineapple, all of the juice from the crushed pineapple can, and powdered sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!