A taste of this Pina Colada Bundt Cake will make you feel like you are in the tropics without leaving your house!
Hi, I’m Deb at Cooking on the Front Burner and this is my first post as a contributor. I’m excited to be here and looking forward to sharing recipes with you! Be sure to let me know if there is anything specific you have a taste for. I love creating recipes and have my husband, aka The DIY Guy, as a willing and eager taste tester.
Today I’m sharing a dessert recipe. If you like pina coladas (yes, even the Jimmy Buffet song!), you’ll love the flavors packed in these mini bundt cakes. Pretend you are at the beach as you take a bite of this tropical treat full of pineapple and coconut flavors and let your worries go away.
Real Housemoms TV
Pina Coladas remind me of summer and all it has to offer. I live in the midwest and our winters are just brutal and never seem to end. We always try to plan a winter getaway to somewhere warm to take a break from wearing our boots and down jackets. So when the weather starts warming up, we love to take advantage of being outdoors and opening up the house to some fresh air. One of our favorite things to do is entertain on our deck with family and friends where we are known to have a few tasty beverages (like pina coladas) and some fun appetizers. Love those summer nights!
To get your tropical fix all year long, no matter what the season, be sure to whip up a batch of these mini cakes. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350
- Use cooking spray to coat your mini bundt pans (my pan has 12 cakes)
- In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set aside
- In a medium bowl cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add the egg and beat until well mixed
- Add the rum and coconut milk and mix until incorporated
- Mix in the vanilla yogurt
- Mix in half of the flour mixture until just incorporated then mix in the other half; do not over mix
- Lastly fold in by hand the crushed pineapple
- Divide between the 12 bundt pans and bake for 10-12 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes then remove cakes from pan and cool completely
- To make glaze combine the cream cheese, coconut extract and powdered sugar; add enough milk to make desired consistency
- Drizzle cakes with glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut
- Note: to toast coconut, preheat oven to 350, place desired amount of coconut on metal baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes; stirring often until coconut is lightly toasted
Another way to enjoy a taste of the tropics is this Pina Colada Donut
And these Pina Colada Dessert Cups
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!