CREAM CHEESE FILLED PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE combines the two best desserts, pumpkin cake and cheesecake!!! Fill you house with the smell of fall and bake this cake!!!
We have been traveling A LOT this summer!!! We started with a trip to the coast, here in Oregon
and then took off for a week in Florida to see family and celebrate my awesome grandma’s birthday.
#freeslurpeeday celebration before we end our Florida vacation! #lovemyfamily #nativefloridian A photo posted by Aubrey (@aubrey_realhousemoms) on
We were home for just a few days when we took off again to head out to Orcas Island for some glamping off the coast of Washington.
Home again for 3 days, then off to do some RV camping around Oregon. We went east to the mountains, west to the coast again and then south to Crater Lake, look how BLUE that water is!!!
We weren’t done yet though! We got home and then went to visit my parents in Orange County, CA.
A photo posted by Aubrey (@aubrey_realhousemoms) on
My little guys did a week of sailing camp and had the best time!! We have been on the go and had the BEST summer ever but I will absolutely admit that we’re all EXHAUSTED!!! We can’t wait for these guys to get back into school and a routine. We’re so close to fall and the cooler temps, beautiful leaves, football and all things pumpkin!!! I was dreaming of what’s coming and couldn’t wait any longer. I just had to bake up a pumpkin treat. So I decided to make a CREAM CHEESE FILLED PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE!
Let me tell you it was the right decision!!!! My house smelled amazing as it baked. All the delicious spices of fall really got me in a great mood. I love that this cake is filled with cheesecake because, why wouldn’t I? Cheesecake is amazing and so is pumpkin cake. I love our Carrot Cake Muffins with cream cheese filling and also or Pumpkin Scones with Cream Cheese Icing so I knew this was going to be awesome! I was right! This cake is really simple to make but will totally impress your family and friends when you slice it ope to reveal the cream cheese filling. Hurry up and give this cake a try and I guarantee that you’ll be making it over and over this fall!
- 1 ½ sticks 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups canned solid-pack pumpkin from a 15-ounce can; not pie filling
- ¾ cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons well-shaken buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- grease bundt pan and dust with flour, making sure to shake out the extra flour
- in a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and salt, set aside
- in a separate medium sized mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla and set aside
- in the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes
- add in the eggs, one at a time and beat on medium for 1 minute
- reduce speed of mixer to low and add in the flour mixture and pumpkin mixture alternately in batches (be sure to begin and end with flour mixture)
- mix until batter is smooth, but don't over mix
Cream Cheese Filling
- beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and smooth
- add in the egg and beat until incorporated
- beat in the remaining ingredients and set aside
- pour 3 cups of cake batter in the prepared bundt pan and smooth
- using the back of a large spoon create a slight ditch for the cream cheese filling to be added
- carefully add in the cream cheese mixture, making sure that it stays in the center and doesn't touch the edges
- carefully spoon the remaining cake batter over top of the cream cheese mixture and spread to even out the top
- place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes
- reduce the heat to 325 degrees F and cover the pan with foil
- bake for another 15-25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean
- allow to cool for 5 to 10 minute then invert onto a cooling rack and remove from pan
- allow cake to completely cool before icing
- in a small bowl whisk the confectioners sugar
- continue to whisk in the buttermilk until smooth
- drizzle over cooled cake