CARAMEL PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGAS are crispy tortillas stuffed with a pumpkin cheesecake filling that’s to die for!
November is for all things pumpkin, isn’t it? I totally feel like this. Last weekend I made a big pan of these delicious Pumpkin Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting for servings treats after church. They were gone in a blink. I mean who doesn’t like a moist pumpkin bar with spiced frosting? I know I do!
If you are trying to keep it a bit lighter then you’re going to want to indulge in this light and fluffy Pumpkin Angel Food Cake! Mmmmm my mouth is watering! This is hot on Pinterest right now so make sure to check it out!
What’s your favorite pumpkin treat? Do you pumpkin all the things in the fall or do you indulge in pumpkin throughout the year?
For some reason in my mind pumpkin is only for fall which is a totally silly notion. Why can’t I have it all year long? Why discriminate against such an amazing flavor! I think it’s because I get wrapped up in the whole blogging calendar a little too much. I’m always focused on the next holiday and creating content instead of making my favorite true and tried recipes. My mind is always thinking of the next great recipe! But really, you should be thankful for that right?
Because when my mind wanders away with recipe ideas it comes up with marvelous treats like these Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Chimichangas!
You may think chimichangas are only for dinner and stuffed with Mexican flavored ingredients, but my friends, I am here to prove this totally wrong!
Insert dessert chimichangas here!
These Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Chimichangas are stuffed with a delicious spiced pumpkin filling, ooey gooey cheesecake, and of course caramel. Then they are fried. Mmmhmmm. Then rolled in cinnamon sugar. Oh wow, are you drooling yet? I am and I think I need to go whip up another batch of these with you!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 c. caramel sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for cinnamon sugar mixture in a shallow plate or bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar in small mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl combine pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin spice. Spread 1/4 of mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Top with 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture. Drizzle caramel sauce over cream cheese.
- Fold two sides of the tortilla in and roll up just like a burrito.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium to medium-high heat. Place chimichangas seam side down and fry just until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Rotate so all sides are fried. Brush the ends of the chimichanga and nay parts that did not get browned with additional melted butter.
- Roll the chimichangas in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until fully coated.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply