Cranberry Orange Dessert Dip is perfect for all of your holiday entertaining! The bright creamy flavor will make everyone keep on dipping!
Fluffy and sweet, with just the right amount of tanginess, this Cranberry Orange Dessert Dip is perfect for entertaining at holiday parties. Cream cheese and marshmallow fluff come together with the perfect marriage of cranberry and orange flavors in this super simple dip.
This post is sponsored by Walkers Shortbread. All opinions are 100% my own.
I love the holidays! Once the kids go back to school I start counting down to Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. One of the things my family looks forward to the most is getting packs of Walkers Shortbread. It’s my boys’ favorite holiday treat next to our homemade Christmas cookie plates. Who can resist the rich, buttery flavor that melts in your mouth?! I love having shortbread with my tea and Casey likes to dip them in his coffee.
This year I’m sharing our favorite holiday treat with everyone! Walkers Shortbread has an advent calendar filled with classic Shortbread Fingers, Shortbread Rounds, and Mini Choc Chip Shortbread Cookies. Each cookie is individually wrapped so they’ll last all the way to Christmas.
I love the touch of red tartan on the box’s tree. It’s that classic Walkers look and gets my brain thinking of cozy nights on the couch watching holiday movies with the family and eating shortbread. Yum!
Walkers traditional shortbread is a family recipe all the way from the Speyside area of the Scottish Highlands. It takes me back to the first time my friend Julie made me shortbread from a recipe she got from someone in her bagpipe band. I’ve been hooked on shortbread ever since.
These calendars make a great gift for all your holiday needs. Office parties, going to a friend’s house, neighbors, or one for each member of your family. My husband has already decided that he and our boys each need their own calendar. That’s probably for the best because I won’t be sharing mine!
Save Money!! Use code RH20
I’m all about getting holiday shopping done early, but if I can get a deal… even better!
You can save 20% on your Walker’s Shortbread Advent Calendar purchase by using code RH20 now through November 30th. Just head over to the Walkers Shortbread website and apply the code at checkout. You can also find these advent calendars at select retailers like Amazon and specialty stores.
PERFECT FOR HOLIDAY ENTERTAINING
When you have friends and family over for the holidays, the last thing you want is to be stuck in the kitchen away from everyone all day! This Orange Cranberry Dessert Dip is my favorite because it only takes 5 minutes to make and it is always a huge hit!
I have big plans to buy a bunch of these gorgeous Walkers Shortbread Advent Calendars and give them out after Thanksgiving dinner. I’m going to put out some cranberry orange dessert dip with Walkers Shortbread to get everyone craving more shortbread. Then boom! Surprise time!!
Since you’ll already have delicious Walkers Shortbread cookies planned for dipping, why not offer some more delicious dipping options?! Pumpkin Mousse Dip and Eggnog Cheesecake Dip are also amazing holiday dessert dipping options!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH ORANGE CRANBERRY DESSERT DIP
- No Bake Apple Cheesecake Dip – Apples and cheesecake are not holiday exclusive flavors by any means, but they sure do excite any group of guests!
- Spinach Dip Stuffed Crescent Roll Christmas Tree – This showstopper is an impressive holiday appetizer to say the least!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Balls – Pumpkin flavors are perfect for the fall and winter- or, dare I argue, year round.
Dip Ingredients: You will need 8 oz. of softened regular cream cheese, 7 oz. of marshmallow fluff, and 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. With this dip base, you have a lot of creative liberty on your mix-ins!
Mix-ins: For this recipe, you will need pure orange extract along with the orange zest. For texture, mix in dried cranberries and chopped pecans. This orange cranberry dip is super customizable so feel free to play around with the recipe and tweak it if desired.
Dippers: Walkers Shortbread cookies are the perfect cookie for this orange cranberry dip! The rich buttery flavor complements the bright, creamy dip in a way that’ll make your taste buds smile.
HOW TO MAKE ORANGE CRANBERRY DESSERT DIP
STEP ONE: To start, set up a mixer with the whisk attachment. Mix together the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and powdered sugar. The dip will be light and fluffy.
STEP TWO: Once the dip is mixed, stir in the cranberries, pecans, orange zest, and orange extract. You may want to start with just two drops of extract and add more to taste once you try everything together.
STEP THREE: Cover the dip with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 30 minutes. (If you’re in a hurry you can serve this dip right now. It gets better if you let it hang out though.)
STEP FOUR: Once chilled, uncover the dip and serve it with delicious Walkers Shortbread cookies for dipping. I like to add some extra pecan, dried cranberries, and orange zest on top so everyone knows what they’re eating.
Tips for Success
- If you plan on serving this Orange Cranberry Dessert Dip to guests, you can make it nut-allergy friendly by omitting the pecans.
- When adding the mix-ins, feel free to use more or less cranberries or pecans. This dip is easy to customize based on your taste preference.
- You can omit the orange extract if you can’t find it at the store. It just helps boost the orange flavor from the zest.
HOW LONG DOES ORANGE CRANBERRY DESSERT DIP KEEP FOR?
Because this dip has cream cheese, it will last at room temperature for 2 hours. If it is left out beyond 2 hours, discard any unused dip. If you want to make this Orange Cranberry Dessert Dip ahead of time, it will last in the fridge in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE DESSERT DIP?
You can freeze this dip. However, the cream cheese may change in texture and become grainier once it defrosts. Because this dip is so easy to make, I recommend enjoying it while it is still fresh.
OTHER HOLIDAY HOSTING RECIPES
- Add the cream cheese, marshmallow fluff, and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer (or your stand mixer) to beat everything together until smooth.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the cranberries, pecans, orange zest, and orange extract.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dip for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and top with extra cranberries, pecans, and orange zest if desired. I like to serve this dip with Walkers Shortbread cookies, vanilla wafers, or your favorite cookie for dipping.
- This dip makes about 2 cups, yielding 8 servings that are 1/4 cup each.
- I prefer pecan chips because the pecan pieces are smaller. If you can’t find them, chopped pecans work fine. Just chop or smash them up a bit to make smaller pieces.