Kick a boxed chocolate cake mix up a notch or two with the addition of Kahlúa! This adults-only Chocolate Kahlúa Bundt Cake is perfect for girls night, game night or any time the craving of chocolate and Kahlúa coincide!
Since we entertain quite often in the summer, I have quite a number of recipes that I love to turn to because they are tried and true. They’re usually easy recipes and they’re always recipes that have gone over well with guests – sometimes, I have even been known to ask guests for their recipes because their dish or dessert was such a hit. In my mind, you can never have too many recipes. Right?
Although we usually have very kid-friendly get-togethers, occasionally, we have to give the adults a special treat. As in, the kids can’t have any of it. Give them some Sugar Cookie Bars or From-Scratch Chocolate Cupcakes with Homemade Chocolate Frosting and call it good. This Chocolate Kahlúa Bundt Cake is one of those recipes adults love and really, it couldn’t be easier! Since it starts with a boxed cake mix, there’s hardly much to do other than a few measurements and a quick mix before baking! Let me warn you, the glaze on the plate …. oh boy! People will be grabbing spoons to eat it! This glaze is the perfect way to top this incredibly delicious cake! You just may be looking for other places to use that glaze … don’t say I didn’t warn ya! Enjoy, y’all! 😉
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dessert pin board!
For the cake:
- 1 box 18.25 oz. Devil's Food Cake mix
- 1 box 5.9 oz. Instant chocolate pudding
- 3/4 cup Kahlúa Original Rum & Coffee Liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlúa Original Rum & Coffee Liqueur
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan or brush with Miracle Pan Release. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding mix, Kahlúa, water, oil, and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 2-3 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing out the top with the rubber spatula.
- Bake for 45-47 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Carefully place serving platter over the top of the cake pan and invert the cake onto the platter, removing from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and Kahlúa until well combined and the mixture contains no lumps. Spoon or drizzle the glaze over the warm cake, allowing the glaze to go down the side and into the center of the cake. Allow to cool completely before serving.
- Store covered up to 4 days at room temperature or keep refrigerated for up to one week.
Please note: Because this cake contains alcohol, do not serve it to minors.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!