STRAWBERRY BASIL LEMONADE will be your favorite summer beverage! It’s so easy to make and incredibly refreshing!
I love drinks pretty much more than anything else. Except basil. I would buy basil scented perfume if there was such a thing. So it only makes sense for me to make a basil infused drink of some kind.
I recently visited Aubrey in Portland, and along the road side were some gorgeous strawberry stands. And the hood river strawberries were so dark red, plump, and juicy that they were begging to be used, immediately.
No begging was needed. We love strawberry lemonade. And so, like I usually do, I combined all my favorite things to make an even more-favorite thing. Now I have the drink that will rule my summer and keep me in cover-ups instead of bikinis. But it will be worth every bit of that because the flavor is so delightful and intense, and perfect!
Tell me this doesn’t look super refreshing? And it is so easy too! You can even make a big old bottle of simple syrup in advance so you have it ready to go all summer long. Then you just have to chop up your strawberries, lemon, and basil and stir!
If you love fun and refreshing drinks, be sure to check out this super simple Raspberry 7Up Punch recipe that has been going crazy on Pinterest and Facebook lately, and is one of our favorite punches to take to a party. Or if you want something lighter, check out this Kid Friendly (alcohol free) Citrus Sangria!
- 1 cup of strawberries, hulled and chunked
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffoned
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 7 lemons)
- 5 cups cold, filtered water (divided)
- 1 additional lemon, sliced
- Add 1 cup of water to a small saucepan with the cane sugar and turn on low-to-medium heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- In a large pitcher put the remainder of your water (4 cups) add the lemon juice, the simple syrup you just made, and ice
- Slice lemon into thin sliced, and place in pitcher, add chunked up strawberries and chiffoned fresh basil, stir
- Serve immediately