This Chocolate Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Spice Frosting, with its rich & decadent flavors, will be the star of your fall potluck!
I love chocolate and this time of year its all about pumpkin spice everything. Chocolate and pumpkin spice pair so well together! The internet is flooded with pumpkin spice cookies, cakes, lattes, and syrups. For this cake, I wanted to have a delicious flavor profile that paired chocolate and pumpkin spice, but used pumpkin spice as an accent flavor as not to overpower the chocolate. I also love a great cream cheese frosting. The tang of cream cheese is a great contrast to the rich pumpkin flavor. So, with all of these things in mind, I thought I would try my hand at a Chocolate Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting!
I am not going to lie here, I love starting most of my cake recipes with a mix. I know I cheat and today’s recipe is no exception! I love a good chocolate cake mix. Of course, if you’re into homemade cakes, you could also use your favorite chocolate cake recipe to start here. Instead of the regular ingredients add to the box mix, I tweak it just a bit. I like to always use milk in my cake mixes instead of water. I also add a small box of dry pudding mix into the cake mix.
Real Housemoms TV
I really wanted to try and make this cake look like one that you get at the fancy bundt cake store and I think I did pretty good! I used a pastry bag and decorating tip but if you don’t have these you can do one of two things. You can use a ziplock bag to frost the cake or you can simply use a knife to spread the frosting on the cake! Honestly it won’t matter how the cake looks, it is just so darn good! It will disappear right before your eyes! I also put a few sprinkles on the cake, but that’s totally up to you. I just really like sprinkles!!
- 15.25 ounce Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3.9 ounce chocolate pudding mix dry
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake ingredients and mix until completely combined. Pour into prepared Bundt pan, gently tap pan on counter to release air bubbles in batter. Bake 40-45 min or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minuets. Invert cake on plate or serving platter to finish cooling.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla,pumpkin spice and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Put frosting in pastry bag and decorate cake with frosting. Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!