Avocado toast is not just for breakfast anymore! These AVOCADO CROSTINI are topped with a tomato and herb relish and are the perfect simple appetizer for any occasion!
I have to admit, I’ve jumped on the avocado toast bandwagon. It’s such an easy yet satisfying breakfast or snack. I’ve taken the avocado toast concept and dressed it up a bit to turn it into a fun yet easy appetizer.
Real Housemoms TV
This recipe for avocado crostini starts with a french baguette. The bread is sliced, brushed with a little olive oil, then baked to a crispy golden brown. Next comes the avocado – since the avocado is really the star of this recipe, you’ll want to make sure you have a perfectly ripe specimen. The avocado is thinly sliced and layered onto the crostini. I topped the crostini with a tomato, olive oil and herb mixture. I did a combination of red and yellow cherry tomatoes because I loved the color contrast, but you could use a single variety if you prefer. This recipe is a great way to showcase all those colorful heirloom tomatoes that are starting to pop up at the farmers market.
You can also use your favorite type of herbs, or even a mixture of a few different types – parsley, basil, dill, chives or cilantro are all great choices. I went with flat leaf parsley here because it’s what I had on hand, but I’m planning to make it again soon with the basil that’s starting to grow in my garden.
After the tomato mixture gets spooned onto the avocado crostini, I add a sprinkling of coarse or flaky sea salt to really accentuate all of the flavors in the avocado and tomatoes. This dressed up avocado toast is a summery snack that’s sure to be a hit!
- 12 slices of baguette
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil divided use
- 2 large or 3 small ripe avocados peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of diced tomato or sliced cherry tomatoes red, yellow or both
- 3 tablespoons of minced herbs such as basil parsley, dill, cilantro or a combination
- coarse salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, herbs, 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt to taste. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly brush with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven and top each piece with a few slices of avocado.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the tomato mixture over the top of the avocado and sprinkle with coarse salt. Serve immediately.
More summer recipes you might like:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!