My husband has become interested in the paleo diet. Have you heard about it yet? I’m definitely NOT an expert in it but basically there is a heavy emphasis on meat and vegetables while you exclude grain. You’re eating what the paleolithic man would have eaten. I’ve been doing a lot of research to get ideas and have found some great food and healthy snacks recipes.
I found a cookbook by Sarah Fragoso called Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook. It’s great and has real recipes with normal ingredients. Last Sunday we tried out our first recipe from the book and we weren’t disappointed. It was this Cauliflower Hummus. . We ate it with veggies and olives and had a delicious and healthy snack. It didn’t feel like we were eating something healthy, just having a delicious snack! Try it out and let us know about it.
- 4 c. steamed cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1/2 t. paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- Steam your cauliflower until fork tender
- Let cauliflower florets cool
- Add cauliflower and all ingredients except olive oil into a food processor
- Begin to puree ingredients and slowly add the olive oil in a small stream. (This will deliver the creamiest results.)
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!