Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade Slushies are perfect on a hot summer day. Fresh fruit & sweet lemonade combine for a refreshing frozen drink!
I’ve been loving the vodka lemonade drinks especially this summer, including this Moscato Pink Lemonade. It has a hint of citrus vodka and the tart sweetness of pink lemonade!
Lemonade is my favorite summer drink. This Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade is the perfect combination of lemonade and summer fruits to help cool down in hot months! It’s the perfect fruit drink for the kids. Bonus, adults can jazz it up with a little vodka for some healthy hard lemonade!
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE WATERMELON SLUSHIE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
We make this pureed watermelon lemonade almost constantly in the summer. It’s a great source of real fruit for my family when we’re around the pool! It’s super light and refreshing and super easy to whip up a batch or three for a party.
I love strawberry lemonade, and I love watermelon, so why not combine the two?! The high water content of the watermelon makes it a perfect fruit to make it great in lemonade.
Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade Slushie Ingredients
STRAWBERRIES: You can use fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe! I usually use fresh for my strawberry lemonade, but when they’re not in season, frozen is also a great option.
WATERMELON: I love watermelon, but I hate the seeds! You can buy a seedless watermelon to save yourself some prep time.
VODKA: You can totally skip the booze and keep this watermelon slushie completely kid-friendly. But this is a great hard lemonade recipe for adults!
The sugar is also not required, but it adds a little extra sweetness. Simple syrup would also work here in place of the sugar.
Already have homemade lemonade on hand? Feel free to add that and skip the lemon juice, sugar, and soda!
How to Make a Slushie
This strawberry lemonade recipe is barely a recipe but it’s one you won’t forget! My blender is one of my most used items during the summer for easy, refreshing drinks like these.
- Start by preparing your fruits. You’ll seed the watermelon and then cut it into cubes. They’ don’t have to be perfect, just smaller pieces your blender can handle. Then remove the strawberry stems and cut them in half.
- Next, you’re going to add the watermelon, and strawberries to your blender. Then pour in the lemon juice, sugar, soda, and vodka… if you’re using vodka.
- After that, cover the blender and puree until everything is nice and smooth.
- Then pour your drinks into your favorite cocktail glass or mason jar. Garnish with a lemon slice and serve immediately.
If you’re making a big batch, pour the slushie into a large pitcher so everyone can fill their glasses as the day goes on.
If you’re making this watermelon lemonade for a party, you may need to make multiple batches depending on your blender size. Add a little strawberry and lemon slice garnish or sugared rim for a touch of flair!
More delicious homemade lemonade recipes
- Classic Homemade Lemonade
- Peach Raspberry Lemonade
- Homemade Lemonade Floats
- Spring Thyme Lemonade
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- Peach Mango Lemonade
- More lemonade recipes…
Tools used to make this Strawberry Lemonade Watermelon Slushie recipe
Blender: This blender is used for so much more than mixed drinks in my kitchen! While it can definitely pulverize ice like a champ, it’s also ideal for mixing homemade salad dressings, smoothies, milkshakes, and more!
Glasses: These cocktail glasses are perfect for poolside drinks because they’re plastic! They look elegant but still won’t shatter if anyone drops one on your deck.
Knife: This is my go-to all-purpose knife. Great for cutting fruit, trimming meats, making sandwiches, and everything in between!
*This post originally posted on 07/26/2013.
- 8 cups watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda or water
- 6 ounces vodka (optional)
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Seed watermelon and cut into cubes. Remove stems from strawberries and cut each in half.
- Place fruit into a blender along with lemon juice, sugar, soda, and vodka (if using). Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, garnish with a lemon slice, and add a straw. Serve immediately.