My husband and I are trying to eat more low carb meals and Low Carb Bacon & Bison Pizza was a huge hit with my whole family. My family loves bacon and pizza, so this is the perfect meal for us. It tastes just like pizza, without a bread crust, and it is super tasty! Sometimes it is nice to take a break from the kitchen and just order a pizza, but since this so easy, my family enjoys it so much, and it has the added benefit of being low carb, I will make this for pizza night from now on. I found ground bison at Costco, but if you are unable to find it, you can substitute ground beef or turkey.
recipe found at Sinor Slim
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Cheddar/Jack Cheese Blend
- 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz Ground Bison (or beef or turkey)
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat together cream cheese and eggs in a bowl
- Add cream, parmesan cheese, and spices and mix again
- Spray a circular pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle the cheddar/jack cheese into the dish
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes and let stand for 5 minutes (while the pizza is in the oven, cook and crumble the buffalo and bacon)
- Spread on pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese buffalo and bacon
- Place the pizza back in the oven and bake until its bubbly and browning (about 15 minutes)
- LET COOL for at least 10 minutes before cutting (If you cut it while its still too hot you will have a mushy and messy pizza)
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!