Keto Cookie Dough Bites were made for yummy low-carb snacking because nothing stands between you and delicious cookie dough, not even carbs!
Everyone loves good cookie dough, and this simple Keto Cookie Dough Bites recipe puts sweet, chocolaty cookie dough in your hands in no time and with only two net carbs! Whether you’re a Keto pro or these bites sound good, easy-to-find ingredients like almond flour, peanut butter, sugar-free chocolate chips, coconut oil, and erythritol are all you need for blissful snacking.
Sweet-smelling, yummy-looking cookie dough is a favorite for most people and this Keto recipe makes it more accessible for more people to enjoy! Using almond flour and skipping the eggs means that we don’t have to worry about eating uncooked ingredients and let’s be honest, almond flour makes treats even tastier. These bites take almost no time to make and being able to freeze them means that we have bites on hand whenever we get cravings!
Keto Chocolate Chip Fat Bombs are also amazing sweets to keep on hand but when you want something quick there’s nothing better than Chocolate Keto Mug Cake– it’s ready in just minutes!
Other Recipes to Serve with Keto Cookie Dough Bites
- Cookie dough is a super comforting snack but let’s not forget about comforting dinners like Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese– it’s soooo cheesy!
- Simple, hearty meals make the whole family happy and full, so plan on Stuffed Zucchini Boats for dinner!
Flour: Almond flour is the preferred flour for these bites because it is finely ground for a smooth texture. However, if you like a slightly crunchy texture you can use an almond meal instead. Blanched almond flour is even finer due to the removal of the almond skins.
Pantry Items: Make sure to have sugar-free peanut butter, coconut oil, powdered erythritol, and your favorite keto-friendly dark chocolate chips.
Seasoning/extract: You will need a little salt and vanilla extract.
How to Make Keto Cookie Dough Bites
STEP ONE: In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
STEP TWO: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon measuring spoon, portion the dough onto the baking sheet. Then roll each scoop into a ball.
STEP THREE: Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Once they are done chilling, they can be enjoyed or stored for later.
Tips for Success
- This Keto bites recipe makes a portion-controlled amount but is easily doubled or tripled for keeping them on hand in the freezer to enjoy whenever you crave.
- If you need to make a nut-free swap, try using sesame seed flour or sunflower seed flour. If you want to try adding in more nuts, try crushed walnuts or pecans for a great crunch! You can add a small number of nuts along with the chocolate chips or leave the chips out and use only nuts.
- Store the cookie dough bites in an airtight container in the fridge for four days or place them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
What other flavors of Keto bites can I make?
Chocolate chip cookie dough is a year-round favorite but if you’re looking to incorporate seasonal flavors, why not start with pumpkin pie spice? Start by adding 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice and then taste the dough- if you want more spice add a little at a time until you get the flavor you like. You can do the same with gingerbread spices! We’ve touched on adding crushed nuts but you can also incorporate dried fruit and white chocolate chips. You can also make a variety of bites by swapping the vanilla extract for another extract like almond or coconut for example. If you want to get really decadent then you have to try dipping the frozen bites of cookie dough into melted dark chocolate to make truffles!
Can I have cookies while on a Keto diet?
There isn’t a strict, forbidden list of food for those who follow a keto diet, the only requirement is that they consume 50 grams or less of carbs each day. That can be pretty tough if you have a sweet tooth or love pasta but these days there are tons of alternatives that are still delicious! There may not be a lot of wiggle room in your macros but thankfully these keto bites only have 2 net carbs so as far as sweets go, that’s pretty great news. Keep these sweet little gems in the fridge or freezer to grab whenever you need a treat immediately but you don’t want to blow your macros!
More keto sweets to beat the cravings
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
- Keto Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Keto Friendly Mug Cake
- Stir together all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop (or 1 tablespoon measuring spoon) to portion the cookie dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roll each scoop into a ball.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge. (Sometimes I like to sprinkle the tops of the cookie dough balls with a little sea salt too.)